225 build in my basement

well got a new skimmer on sat. i spent today plumbing the skimmer with leftover plumbing supplies i had around the house too nasty to drive anywhere to get stuff since not much is open in pana on sunday. i got it going a little ghetto but it is running. it is an xp3000 octo cone this is a nice skimmer. it is the first new skimmer i have ever bought.

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0370.jpg

i have it breaking in now the bubble blaster pump is real quite. and it sucks its air in the collection cup so this thing is real quiet all together a lot quieter than my dart needle wheel.

DSC_0372.jpg

The tank looks great, and the bar has come together nicely. I am down to just the 120 gallon with the snowflake eel, a powder brown tang, chocolate chip starfish, two urchins and two huge hermit crabs. Although my daughter has kick started an old hobby of mine. I just recently got 3 california king snakes, and going to pick up 3 Thayeri kingsnsakes in a few weeks.

how have you been cory? things are coming out pretty nice i want to have some people over sometime after the first of the year. i am staining the trim tonight. my wife is complaining about the smell.

well the bar is about done some minor things to do yet but almost done.

DSC_0442.jpg

DSC_0443.jpg

the new skimmer is kicking major butt too. this skims circles around my dart needle wheel skimmer.

DSC_0444.jpg

Back