240 update

NeonFish

here's my tank. been using triton for testing and additives.

Attachments

• 240_800x600.jpg
    240_800x600.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 13
Yeah, how do you like the triton method? I'm going to start it shortly now that the tank has been up for about 6 months. Any issues getting the dosing components?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I like it. Since I am color blind I find the most test kits are really difficult. One of the best things that triton does, is they tell you in exact amounts how to fix the water. My biggest issue was the Mg level. I have elevated strontium, they suggest water changes. I will try purit first.

- desjardini tang
- yellow tang
- sixline wrasse
- clown fish
- 3 kupang damsels
- ~five different kinds of mushrooms
- orange leptastrea
- green sinualaria
- green toadstool
- tree coral
- a lot of green zooanthids
- superman coral
- yellow sponges
- black sponges (I think)
- green flower anenome
- perppermint shrimp(s)
- bunch of snails and hermit crabs

That's a nice list of inhabitants NeonFish. Please continue the updates.

One of the advantages Triton has is that their "3rd part" isn't just mag, but other important elements / minerals.

I keep telling myself as soon as I get my tank dialed in, I'm going to Triton test to improve water quality. But then I never feel my tank is "dialed in".

Is all the Triton testing done by mail?

That's a nice list of inhabitants NeonFish. Please continue the updates.

One of the advantages Triton has is that their "3rd part" isn't just mag, but other important elements / minerals.

I keep telling myself as soon as I get my tank dialed in, I'm going to Triton test to improve water quality. But then I never feel my tank is "dialed in".

Is all the Triton testing done by mail?

yeah, send two vials via mail and less than a week it is ready to view from their web page with suggestions in categories of importance. you can download a pdf as well.

it is definitely a trade off
5 min to fill + 10 min to drive to Post Office + $50 per test kit
30+ items are tested per kit
or
test using multiple test kits + time to test each one

I think it is worth it and more accurate (at least for me)

Thanks for 'splainin.

I mostly test the big 3 - alk, ca and mag - though sometimes nitrate and phosphate. Getting other key elements assessed would be valuable, without having to invest in a bunch of rapidly expiring test kits. And possibly done more accurately, as you point out.

Where do you get the test kits? Order online?

Thanks for 'splainin.

I mostly test the big 3 - alk, ca and mag - though sometimes nitrate and phosphate. Getting other key elements assessed would be valuable, without having to invest in a bunch of rapidly expiring test kits. And possibly done more accurately, as you point out.

Where do you get the test kits? Order online?

I get mine from BRS

here is an example of some of the items that are not normally tested by aquarists

Attachments

• example_triton.jpg
    example_triton.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 13
Cool. I don't know the impact of too much or too little of those elements. Nice that they give you the color rating, or show suggested levels of it. If I read the chart correctly, your tank could use some iodine? Interesting.

I'm going to have to give it a shot eventually.

Thanks for sharing.

Cool. I don't know the impact of too much or too little of those elements. Nice that they give you the color rating, or show suggested levels of it. If I read the chart correctly, your tank could use some iodine? Interesting.

I'm going to have to give it a shot eventually.

Thanks for sharing.

yes, I supplement iodine 1.09 mg per day or its weekly equivalent

Back