24g nano -newb questions

firmie

Ok so I got myself a 24g Nano...with live sand, live rocks (20lbs) and a Viper 150 MH light...

I am currently in Day 4 of the cycle process...how long should this take by the way?

I just bought a test kit today so I will be testing for the first time tonight.

My question is this...the temp seems to go from 82 degrees in the day down to 78 degrees at night...is this okay and normal?

thanks for the help here...

Firmie
:)

first off...WELCOME, I would do the fish welcome thing...but as you see I'm new as well

The length of the cycle varies. Was your LR cured? The cycle is over when your am & nitrites have spiked and returned to zero, but if the rock is cured it may not spike much/at all.

my tank does the same with temp (but 79-81)...i would like to hear from one of the pro's on this as well.

the temp seems to go from 82 degrees in the day down to 78 degrees at night...is this okay and normal?

2f is the most you want to fluctuate daily. I would set the heater to 80-82f and just keep it stable.

I am currently in Day 4 of the cycle process...how long should this take by the way?

It takes about 2 weeks in most cases for bacteria to get to large numbers. Algae can outcomete bacteria fwiw for ammonia(toxic to fish). By algae i mean, phytoplankton, caulerpa, and the other nuisence alga.

Back