2Tall 185g - Build

Congrats on a year! What's next on the agenda?
Next up is skinning the stand; I was going to do it in wood, but want to eventually build this tank into a wall when I buy another house. So, I will be doing something different for a semi-temporary function....stay tuned!:)

Next up is skinning the stand; I was going to do it in wood, but want to eventually build this tank into a wall when I buy another house. So, I will be doing something different for a semi-temporary function....stay tuned!:)

I am still thinking about how I want to skin my stand, my latest is installing curtain rods and going with curtains, its very temporary and can be moved very easily and quickly to access the equipment

Just finished reading this build thread! Wow! Any picture updates?

I'm interested - how have the NR Reactors been holding up the last 6 months of use or so? I'm looking to add reactors to my prop system and I was considering these.

Thanks! Ryan!

I know this isn't new, but still very cool!
I signed up with Reeftronics.net and can view my Reef Keeper graphs much better now.
It works with most controllers and is free.

Link to my 185 real time: http://http://www.reeftronics.net/bugs/rk-status

the cool thing about that reeftronics is that it will email you if it looses connection to your APEX for any reason, as in, your power goes out.. so then, even if your router/modem aren't on power backups, you'll get a notice..

^^Yup, I really like the simplicity of Reeftronics monitoring!

zrogst, Thanks!
The NextReef reactors are most excellent! No problems at all, just install them good and your good to go. I used all John Guest quick connecter with tab locks to hold all in place. I really like those connector fittings!

I've been meaning to update this thread and I will work on it this week.

Slow days at work can turn out to be a good thing. Just read the entire thread and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't wait to see updates!

I got a couple shortys and was wondering why you switched out the barbs for jg? easier to disconnect? Also, who carries jg fittings around here? thanks.

I got a couple shortys and was wondering why you switched out the barbs for jg? easier to disconnect? Also, who carries jg fittings around here? thanks.

I hate barb fittings, that's way! :p

Actually four reasons; One they are easy to attach/remove tubing from, Two they are stronger, Three they don't require clamps and Four they look much better!

I have found several different shapes and sizes at the all three local hardware stores; ACE, HD and Lowes. Some of the odd ball ones I ordered from BRS or bought as SpectraPure.

Good luck!

Back