3D Printed Powerhead Guard for Jebao SW-8

Another thing you can try to reduce stringing is increasing your retraction length and speed. Faster retraction speeds will help suck the PLA up into the nozzle.

What I ended up doing was printing a couple of the retraction test pillars and modifying the retraction length and speed until I found a good compromise.

Hey I made this 3D Printed Guard to try and prevent Anemone suicide in my 2 Jebao SW-8 powerheads.

It fits nice - a little loose but I'm ok with that, and I'm planning to just zip-tie it on at the bottom.

Nice job!

Unfortunately, the way you designed it, it will make matters worse with anemones. All you did was reducing the openings going into the pump and by that increased the suction.
I tried something similar by putting an open foam cover on the pump and anemones still got sucked up and lost lots of tentacles that got sucked into and through the foam. The relatively dense foam protected the body though.
But your openings are still wide enough to pull the body in little by little.

To get what you want, you would need a cage that is much larger than the pump to have significantly reduced suction on its surface.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back