400W ballasts for sale

cee

I have 3 M59 ballast kits (probe start 400W) for sale for $35 each or $100 for all. You will need a metal box to put them in and must wire them, but its quite easy to DIY. I also have several 20k XM 400W and Reeflux 10k 400W bulbs with 6 months of use for $15 each or two for $25. I'll only sell the bulbs if I sell the ballasts. Thanks.

Dave

Dave,

How much difference in PAR were the 20k vs 10k? As you know I'm running the RL10k and I'm looking to DECREASE PAR.

On the following ballasts, you'd expect the following PAR according to Sanjay:

M59 standard probe start XM20k 128
RL10k 101

M135 pulse start mag. XM20k 114
RL10K not tested

Reef Fanatic electronic XM20k 96
RL10k 137

My light meter is not calibrated, so I cannot quote actual PAR, only compare bulb to bulb in my setup. HTH.

Dave

I'll drop the price to $30 apiece or keep the price the same and I'll include a mogul socket. If you want to add the cost of the box and cord, I'll gladly wire them up for you. If no one wants them at this price, I'll go ahead and keep them. Thanks.

Dave

Dave

I will buy the ballasts for $90. How much life is left in the bulbs if they are 6 months old?

If I can get Charles to get me some of those heat sinks, I would love for you to wire them for me.

Eddie

They've got about 6 months or so, since I've only run them for 6 hours/day. The ballasts are yours.

Dave

Last edited:
Back