40B and urchin for sale

gflat65

I recently upgraded to a larger frag tank and have another 40B for sale. I drilled it and built an overflow weir, etc. It was my frag tank behind the 120 for years, for those who have been to the house. It has a homemade stand that was never stained, so it is ready for color. I'd like to get $100 for it. I'm looking for a RR 75 for Jenn's upgrade, so trades would definitely be entertained. I'd like one that isn't more than a few years old.

Urchin-I've got two ~2-2.5" diameter halloween urchin (black, orange and white) (Tripneustes gratilla)-$25 each

I have several blue and a couple black Tuxedo urchin (Mesapilia globulus) that are a bit smaller (1"-2" diameter)-$20 each. These are similar in form to the Halloween Urchin (just smaller and different colors).

I've had the urchin for at least a year and have been using them for algae control in the softie tank. The razor caulerpa is well under control, as well as Dictoya, and I'm about to swap out rock in that tank, so their food source will be even further impacted. Time to thin them down to just a few per tank;). They eat every type of algae I've thrown at them.

Here are some shots.
IMG_6779.jpg

IMG_6781.jpg

IMG_6780.jpg

IMG_6782.jpg

IMG_6783.jpg

Gary if you dont have any luck getting rid of it local. I'd be iterested in it at frag swap maybe we could work out a trade for it?

That's exactly the type of tank I've been looking for. I thought I was going to have to order one from glasscages, but you saved the day!
I should be going through Montgomery on the way to Auburn this Saturday. Think I could pick the tank and stand up then?

Also, do you have any pics of when it was set up? I'm looking to use it as a frag tank, too. What type of filtration were you running on it?

I'll be around all day Saturday (we should have water back in our pool:)). I'll see if I can find some pics of it set up. I had it plumbed into a 120 (pumped out of the 120 overflows, or from the sump on the 120, then drain it back to the sump). The one that replaced it is set up the same way (two pumps in the sump pushing to the 130, then draining back to a common sump). There is no return hole drilled in the bottom. I just drilled the drain.

Cool. I'll have more details on when I'll be coming through in a few days. Gotta head down to Auburn and get the mobile home cleaned up for the semester.
Do you think the back pane is tempered? I was planning on running a SQWD on a mag-7 for some "wave" action. I've never seen one in use but always been curious. It'd be cool to be able to drill 2 return holes, but I don't mind plumbing it over the back.
Since I'm buying the tank, what do you think about a discount on one of those tuxedo urchins :) haha

I don't think any of it is tempered. I've drilled the bottoms, but have one that has a number in the back, too.

I'm sure we can do something on the urchin, too;).

Back