55 gal tank and oak stand with VHO for sale

gobiewan

I have a 55 gal tank that is approximately 48 in long by 36 in wide on oak stand that is approximately 3 ft high with bottom doors that open to house a 25 gal sump with protein skimmer, return flow pump, and lots of live rock. The tank is covered with a hood that houses 4 36 in VHO bulbs and the hood sits about a foot or so over the water. I am moving and setting up a smaller 24 gal nanocube with metal halides so most of my corals are going with me, but I would love it if someone could take this tank/piece of furniture off my hands so that it doesnt have to sit in storage forever. It really is a beautiful tank and I paid over $1000 for it, it is all hand crafted by a reefer in Mobile who specializes in making tanks. If you are interested in buying it please post with an offer. Thanks!

Just a heads up they dont allow offers here. You must put a price with the post or they will remove it.

Oh, I didnt know that. I just want it to go to a good home. $300 sounds good to me OBO. The biggest thing is that I just want someone to put it to good use and get it out of my apapartment!

LOL, Gobie I think he was talking about the glass tank how tall is it?

By the way, did I miss whether it had built in overflows or not?

Oh :) The length is 48 in and the height is 36 in it is 24 in across from side to side. Yes, it has built in overflows which I have plumbed via PVC but can cut with a jigsaw and get some more PVC for you to plumb it - it just involves piping from the overflow to the sump, which connects to the pump, which sends water back into the tank after it has cycled. There is a bunch of live rock in the sump too for filtration that you could have if you want the tank.

I will remeasure to make sure, but I think those are the dimensions. Actually when I do water changes 10 gal or so only takes the water level about 2 - 3 in from the surface, but the guy who made it said it was 55 gal, so I am gust going by that. I really cant remember how many 5 gal buckets it took to fill it, but when I go by my apartment tomorrow I will measure again to make sure. Maybe its 36 in long and 24 in high and 12 in wide. But I will check to make sure :)

by the looks of the pictuer I would say it is a 58 gallon 36" *21"* 18" or maybe a 65 36*24*18

A typical 55 gallon is 48*24*12

I will measure and take pictures of the overflow and sump with skimmer and rock tomorrow. I know the total volume of water with the sump is around 75 - 100 gal

tank dimensions

tank dimensions

Sorry, I know I said I would post the dimensions like 3 weeks ago but anyways here they are:

Tank Dimensions:

36 in long

19 in high

19 wide

Stand is 32 in from floor

Hood is 12 in tall

!

!

So if anyone is interested please post a reply - the $300 OBO is for the tank, stand, VHO lighting (4 96 W), ballast, skimmer, sump with plumbing (overflow and pumps), and all of the sand that is remaining - you would need to wash it of course but there is alot of sand still left in the bottom after the transfer to my 24 gal nanocube with metal halides. I also have a 400 W HQI 1400K metal halide pendant for sale with bulb and ballast if anyone is interested in that as well. Thanks!

Back