6-line Wrasse Problem

If you can I'd turn the powerhead off, is the wrasse fairly new to the tank? I had a neon goby that took shelter in my skimmer for a few days when i first put him in the tank, after he became use to the tank he left the skimmer for good

I would take this opportunity to get the 6-line out! Eventually, it will get mean. IME, they all do sooner or later. It can be a real PIA to try to catch it once the tank is more mature.

I would take this opportunity to get the 6-line out! Eventually, it will get mean. IME, they all do sooner or later. It can be a real PIA to try to catch it once the tank is more mature.

I had one as the only fish in my nano, so I guess I never saw this token mean-ness that people describe.

My biggest gripe over time with the 6-line is the drastic drop in micro-fauna in the tank. Used to have all kinds of critters, but he made quick work of them :(

Now that he's gone, I'm starting to see numbers go back up. I really miss the mini brittle star limbs flailing out of the rocks all over the place!

The 6-line can be very aggressive towards other wrasses. In my experience mine has been a model citizen to all other tank mates, new and old over the past 3 years in my 100 gallon. Mine once took a nice spin from an MP-40 vortech while poking around for copepods. He was just fine after a few days and has stayed away since.

Mine was nice for years. One day he went nuts, attacking and gesturing dominance to everyone. It took me many many tries to remove mine. For that particular fish the bottle method worked for me.

Either way, I'd just remove him now IMO. To the sump/fuge he goes, another reefer, or back to the LFS.

Back