6 month wait on a reef savvy!??

sinful

I've been considering having a tank built by reef savvy, but wow, 6 month wait on a tank. I know the quality is there but 6 months?!? Man I'll be on a different kick in 6 months.

I got a quote on a 36 x 18 x 20. 56g tank and holy moly, maybe I need the 6 months to save up for it.

Yes they are expensive, yes they are extremely nice and 6 months of saving money and the piece of mind you have a quality tank might be worth the wait for you and your wallet!!!!!

Talk to KCSNOOK on here. He ordered a custom tank and it was no crazy wait like that and the quality was amazing!!!

Yup thanks. I already sent an email requesting a quote. What was your wait time from order to door? What type of overflow? I was really interested in the ghost, but am open to other silent designs. Just do not want the overflow box in the tank like my current one.

I need a 36 x 18 tank to go on my current stand. Currently have the deep blue 57 and the overflow box takes up 1/4 the tank. With the limited tank demensions, I need all estate I can get inside.

Exotic Aquariums in Miami. Typically 12 weeks out and a fraction of the price. Many large stores in orlando use them for their builds. They do great work

Thanks eastruth I will check with them. I've goten some pretty expensive quotes ranging from $1200-$2k for basically a 3" taller 40b. I know they are quality but man, that's expensive.

Get a 40 breeder and drill it yourself. Is the money worth it for the extra 3 inches? Petco sale is coming up you can get one for 40+tax. Then maybe buy a ghost overflow on eBay and youve got a nice set up.

It's crossing my mind for sure. Currently have a deep blue 57 rimless....hard to go back to a 40. This thing is built like a tank, if it wasn't for that stupid huge box in the dead center it would be perfect.. Lol

Why not just remove the box, seal the bottom holes and drill new ones for a C2C overflow? Do you keep your back glass clean? If not just have a local glass company cut you two pieces of glass and silicone them together for the overflow. In 6 months the glass will be covered in algae. If you want an internal/external overflow just call John and have his guy build you one. There's nothing proprietary or special about SynergyReefs "ghost" overflow. It's been done many times way before Reef Savvy started to market it. IMO it seems like a bad investment to pay that kind of money for a tank this size. You'll likely never be able to sell it anywhere close to what you paid for it when someone can just do what I previously suggested. ;)

Last edited:
Why not just remove the box, seal the bottom holes and drill new ones for a C2C overflow? Do you keep your back glass clean? If not just have a local glass company cut you two pieces of glass and silicone them together for the overflow. In 6 months the glass will be covered in algae. If you want an internal/external overflow just call John and have his guy build you one. There's nothing proprietary or special about SynergyReefs "ghost" overflow. It's been done many times way before Reef Savvy started to market it. IMO it seems like a bad investment to pay that kind of money for a tank this size. You'll likely never be able to sell it anywhere close to what you paid for it when someone can just do what I previously suggested. ;)

They sell the same overflow on eBay for pretty cheap minus the magnetic cover. Just mentioning it due to the slim profile in the tank. I also second the idea of sealing the holes and making new ones on the back for whatever kind of overflow you want. Or you can sell the 57 you have and order the non reef ready and drill away to how you want. I just can't imagine spending for a custom tank that's so close to an off the the shelf. Also look up top shelf in Orlando on facebook they do deep blue overflow conversions in house I believe may be worth the call.

Yea I agree, I can't see spending that kind of money on that size tank either. It's not that big of a deal and I'm not dying to get a new tank, just getting some ideas. BUT, if I do buy a new tank, I'm not waiting 6 months for it. The back glass is tempered on my current tank, so drilling new holes isn't an option. Ill check with top shelf. Thanks.

They sell the same overflow on eBay for pretty cheap minus the magnetic cover. Just mentioning it due to the slim profile in the tank. I also second the idea of sealing the holes and making new ones on the back for whatever kind of overflow you want. Or you can sell the 57 you have and order the non reef ready and drill away to how you want. I just can't imagine spending for a custom tank that's so close to an off the the shelf. Also look up top shelf in Orlando on facebook they do deep blue overflow conversions in house I believe may be worth the call.

Thanks for the source. I sent them an email. If I could get a 57 rimless deep blue with slim overflow, that would be perfect!

Back