6055 making clicking noise

mfinn

Premium Member
I have a pair of 6055's on a 7095 controller.
I have the one channel set at about 50% and the other channel at the minimum and set on interval 1.
When the controller switches to the minimum channel, the powerhead on that side clicks. But not on the other powerhead when it switches to that channel.

Does this mean the magnet/impeller ( driver?) is wearing out and needs to be replaced?

When I use interval 2, it does not make noise. I'm assuming that is because the powerhead never stops. It just slows down.

I've had these 6055's for several years and they were used when I bought them. And I have replaced the magnet/impellers in both about a year ago
( maybe a little longer).

If the pump was made before mid 2008 it has an older propeller which will click, the design was changed to be more stiff. In mid 2010 this was reduced further with a new disk. If you change both parts you will see a big reduction, part 6055.700 and 6055.740.

You will need a hook tool, like our 0220.707, you don't need to order that one, but you need something like it, these are very common in dollar tool bins, usually in a set of 4 and the one that is a double 45 degree, sort of like a greater than symbol, is the one that will work. This is what you will use to hook and pull the old disk off the shaft.

Back