6105 clicks on start up

jschultzbass

Roger,

I bought 2 6105s a couple weeks ago. One is dead silent going from 0 to 100 but the other clicks every time. Is there a way to solve this?

Did you buy both of them new and at the same time? There have been a few design changes over the years and pumps from Nov 2011 forward have a new design that should have only a soft click on start up, also they will be louder during the first two weeks of use, older pumps have a more distinct click.

I bought both of them from Marine Depot at the same time. The one is silent, no click at all heard. The other is very audible, enough that I had to switch between 30% and 100% instead which doesn't give near as much wave.

I would check that the disk 3005.740 is present, they can fall out or be removed if the drive unit is removed. Some info on when they were purchased and how long they have been in use would help. The disk 3005.740 sits down at the base of the shaft, it is a silicon cup around a slotted black disk, the slotted side of the black disk faces the magnet.

Back