730g In-Wall Display

Tank is doing great, and the corals are growing quite nicely... I've added a few fish, but nothing major.

A couple of months ago, I did have to cut out and replace a section of plumbing, due to having used a small amount of SpaFlex which developed an air gap and was causing micro-bubble hell until I traced out the problem and replaced it with rigid PVC.

I'm currently in the process of building a nearly identical system for a friend. :)

-Tim

Other than SPS growth that's pushing a 1/2" a month, nothing new...

I'm on th road for a few days, but will try to get new pics up when I return.

-Tim

FISH

(5) Moorish Idols
(2) Powder Blue Tangs
(1) Yellow Tang
(6) Firefish Gobies
(2) Pink Chromis
(1) Blue Chromis
(2) Sixline Wrasse
(1) Raccoon Butterfly
(1) Copperband Butterfly
(1) Coral Beauty Angel
(1) Starry Blenny
(1) Fire Clown
(1) Dragonette
(1) Mandarin
(2) Pseuduchromis

INVERTS

(2) Longspine Diodema Urchins
(1) Chiton
(1) Abalone
(1) Horseshoe Crab
(3) Tiger Cowries
(4) Fighting Conchs
(10) Flame Scallops
Dozens of various Starfish
Thousands of various Crabs & Snails

CORALS

Too many hundreds of different species of Softies, LPS and SPS to ever begin to name.

Actinic Only Lighting
mini-_DSC1148.JPG

mini-_DSC1157.JPG

mini-_DSC1158.JPG

mini-_DSC1164.JPG

mini-_DSC1177.JPG

mini-_DSC1180.JPG

Last edited:
Here's a couple pics of an 1100g system that I just finished building for a friend in her new home... ;)

-Tim

mini-_DSC1087.JPG

mini-_DSC1088.JPG

mini-_DSC1090.JPG

mini-_DSC1091.JPG

The fishroom has changed quite a bit, since all of the lighting and ProfiLux computer have been installed...
302527_2512401888890_1218438313_3032837_2015227796_n.jpg

Last edited:
Is there anything you would have done differently to your build after building your friends? Also how long did it take to finish your friends? Great work BTW.

Is there anything you would have done differently to your build after building your friends? Also how long did it take to finish your friends? Great work BTW.

I would have built my fishroom slightly different and a little bit larger, but overall, there isn't much that I would have done differently.

Her build took quite a bit longer than I ever would have imagined, but I was having to work around numerous contractors and what I did was directly relational to what they did and how quickly.

What can't been seen from any of the pics that I've posted from my friends build, is that I spec'd the foundation to be poured 3" lower for the fishroom, with a center floor drain. This is for obvious containment in the event of a really bad day, and makes cleanup so much easier after working in and with the system, because I can simply hose everything down and be done, without ever having the fear of water getting under or in any of the walls... The walls, floor and ceiling were all painted with shower pan liner, and then tiled over, so the room is 100% moisture sealed from any other part of the home.

-Tim

I really like the idea that you had about designing the floor 3inches deeper with floor drain!!! I have follow your build from day one and I love the way your aquascape ended up which will allow everything to grow in (Corals). Great job. When I build a bigger system I will have to hire you to come up!!!!

Back