75 Gallon Stand work for 90 Gallon?

JeffSauer

A friend of mine has a 55 gallon tank right now and the stand is rated for a 75 gallon as well. Sense I seem to be the "œfish guy" at work he came to me with this question.

"œDo you think a 75 gallon stand would work for a 90 gallon tank? The dimensions are the same and the stand is pretty stout, I'm just worried about the weight difference"

Didn't really feel comfortable giving him a straight forward answer because I didn't really think it would be good to put another 300 lbs on a stand that's rated for a 75 gallon system. Any Ideas?

If these are standard AGA 55, 75, and 90 gal tank then the stand for the 75 and 90 are the same stand. The 55 gal stand will be different and will not work for the other tanks.

If these are standard AGA 55, 75, and 90 gal tank then the stand for the 75 and 90 are the same stand. The 55 gal stand will be different and will not work for the other tanks.

+1, as long as the tank is the same dimensions, and by the same manufacturer, then the stands should be exactly the same. The same applies for Perfecto/Marineland, and All-Glass (AGA)/Aqueon

75 and 90 gal tanks are the same footprint, the 90 os 4" taller

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, It should be fine. Most aquarium manufacturers stands will hold up to the largest tank with that given footprint. Some stands, like those seen at Petsmart and Petco are sometimes marketed as 55/75 gallon stands and have a solid flat top and should be ok holding a 90 given the stand is is good shape.

Back