WTB: USED 120 Gallon Reef Ready Tank and Stand

Looks like there’s some options (note I have not used these vendors)

SC 120 Gallon

I’ve heard SC is a decent brand.

Also if you have a Marineland dealer, they may be able to order a 120 with corner flow - https://s7cdn.spectrumbrands.com/~/media/Pet/Marineland/Files/Product Files/Aquarium Products/Tanks/Corner Flo Aquariums Specs and Sizes Charts.pdf

Or an Aquarium Masters dealer (my 65 is this brand) and they have a 120 with dual corner overflows.

Looks like there’s some options (note I have not used these vendors)

SC 120 Gallon

I’ve heard SC is a decent brand.

Also if you have a Marineland dealer, they may be able to order a 120 with corner flow - https://s7cdn.spectrumbrands.com/~/media/Pet/Marineland/Files/Product Files/Aquarium Products/Tanks/Corner Flo Aquariums Specs and Sizes Charts.pdf

Or an Aquarium Masters dealer (my 65 is this brand) and they have a 120 with dual corner overflows.
Thanks Shane, I'll keep these in mind as I try to figure this out. Read: Over-analyze everything :ROFLMAO:

The Custom is cheaper than Planet for the tank only but, their packages have things I don't need like a sump, canopy, etc (I already have an IceCap 36XL). Plus, I'm looking for just the tank and stand. I'm sure shipping would really add to the cost.

The price of the SC tank is more than the Planet tank and I'd also need to build/buy a stand.

Where did you buy your Aquarium Masters tank? I can't find anything on their website with a where to buy list?

I'll have to look into Marineland. For some reason, I thought they stopped making reef ready tanks. I'm a little leary of these based on the review of seams going bad. Their Where to buy for my zip code (63011) lists:
- Aqua World which only carries Planet Aquarium now.
- Pet Supplies Plus who is looking into their ability to order that size tank for me.
- Petco and PetSmart who said they can only order tanks listed on their website and a 120 reef ready is not listed.
- Saltwater Island went out of business quite a while ago.

Oh, forgot to add, Mrs griss did find what was listed as a reef ready 120 and stand on FB last weekend. When I looked at the picture, it only had 1 overflow. The Aqueon 120's have 2 overflows where the 75's only have one. She messaged the guy on FB asking about dimensions and never got a response.

I got my aquarium masters used but one of my LFS’s, Aquarium Adventure, regularly stock the brand.

I am still looking to. I briefly thought about a waterbox. I ordered a planet 120 but it sat in my garage for a year and I sold it.

My first 75 gallon deep sanded tank was the best I ever owned.

I am still looking to. I briefly thought about a waterbox. I ordered a planet 120 but it sat in my garage for a year and I sold it.

My first 75 gallon deep sanded tank was the best I ever owned.
Yeah, that was a great tank.

So, Aqueon no longer makes the 120.
Pet Supplies Plus was supposed to call me back Saturday and they never did. I'm assuming they cannot order that tank (if it still is made).

Spoke to Chuck at Tropical World and he said since they stopped carrying SW livestock years ago he hasn't ordered a reef ready tank. It took him a while to look up availability and pricing. But, he stated he could get Aqueon or SeaPora. It sounded like quite a few people were in the store and he was a bit distracted. He quoted $1,100 for the SeaPora tank and stand but, said that didn't include the overflow kit. Since Aqueon told me they no longer make the 120 RR, I'm going to assume Tropical World can't get that.

I went to tropical world a few months back looking for the same thing. It was disappointing.

Corner reef or the new gateway aquatics store might be the best bet.

Let me know what you find.. I am still looking can we just buy one from petco and drill it?
The Petco by me said, if they don’t have the tank on their website, the store can’t order it. They don’t have even a regular 120 on their site.

I have to go back and get the tank, stand and water mixing station. They need to come out the sellers basement back door and I wasn’t going to try to carry that stuff in the snow and ice.

Back