8800 Booster Pump - auto flush flow kit needed or just the flow restrictor?

J Crew

I'm going to purchase the 1/4" 8800 Booster Pump Kit. I'm having difficulty getting information on what is needed to add an auto flush to this booster pump.

Do I need the full kit?

Or is just the auto flush pump sufficient? Is there a splice connector included so I can use the transformer included with the Booster Pump Kit?

As always, thanks for the help and info around this!

Last edited:
Hmmm, never used an auto flush kit, I have the manual version and rarely use thatšŸ˜‚. Iā€™ll try to look at it a bit later when yard work is done.

You would need the full pump kit and the flow restrictor. I think. I do not think you need 2 pressure switches. I do not understand why one is included with the auto flush kit. Pressure has nothing to do with auto flushing. It must sense if the filter is making water to know how to open the flush valve periodically some how with the pressure switch.

That is it. High pressure filter off, low pressure filter on flush every so often. This is how the pump is controlled too so I think you only need one pressure switch.

I could not find a diagram for the Aquatec system with both.

I do this through Hydros.

Email or call BRS and they will tell you exactly what you need.

You would need the full pump kit and the flow restrictor. I think. I do not think you need 2 pressure switches. I do not understand why one is included with the auto flush kit. Pressure has nothing to do with auto flushing. It must sense if the filter is making water to know how to open the flush valve periodically some how with the pressure switch.
I could not find a diagram for the Aquatec system with both.

I do this through Hydros.

Email or call BRS and they will tell you exactly what you need.
Did a little digging tonight and I agree, call/email BRS would be my recommendation.

The pressure switch must tell the auto flush valve when the filter is on so it can keep time and know when to flush. High would be off reading pipe pressure and it would go down when the filter is making water.

Same way it reads for the booster pump so I think you only need one. BRS will know.

@wvned you mentioned you control the auto flush through hydros. Curious, what equipment/parts do you need to create this automation?

I just went ahead and ordered the Hydros RODI and ATO setup. I'm already using the WaveEngine to control the pumps, so might as well try this setup too. It will save me about $300 dollars over the path I was going to take.

Back