90G Rebuild!!

InADream

I'm That Guy!!
Well guys, it has been awhile almost 2 years since I have been on RC. Feels weird to log in and start lurking again.

About 1 year ago, my 90g tank suffered a crash and all but my clownfish and yellow tang were left over. So for the last year, my tank has sat with the three fish and nothing else. Well last weekend, my LED lights blew up so now we are sitting here with only 8 blue LEDS working. So it got me thinking, time to rebuild?

So we need to completely clean the tank and start over. Honestly, I am having a hard time not just tearing it down and moving on. For the time being, we are moving forward with planning the rebuild. Unless something changes, we will rebuild it and make it great again.

I need a new LED Light setup and am thinking about getting the Reef Builders Photon 48-W. Does anyone currently have them over their tank, how are they, and will the grow SPS?

Other than the lights I have all of the equipment needed. Just going to be a long and slow process. I am going to remove all the sand this week and replace it with new sand. After that, work on my levels and hopefully within a few months are coral ready.

I did a little browsing and saw some familiar names, and look forward to chatting with everyone.

Thanks,

Welcome back! I currently have the photon 48 over my 75 gallon and it's a beast. I'm stocking mostly sps and I'm seeing solid growth. If you're putting them over a 90 you may want to supplement with a couple t5s.

2 photon 48s over my 300 with 4 t5 supplements (30 inch deep tank). Growth is great. My 120 had single Photon 48 with 2 t5 supplements and growth was also great.

mike

Thanks Flo and Mike,

I will probably do t5 supplements down the road. Biggest Issue right now is getting the tank back to a good state.

Back