95% of it is dead.

badfish

Premium Member
Premium Member
I moved this past weekend and 95% of my SPS is dead. My six line wrasse has also passed. My false perc is alive but not looking all that great. All of my LPS and shrooms made it. You could smell the death in the house. Depressing.

I followed Melevesreef moving tips. I am not sure what went wrong. Maybe it was meant to be.

The SPS is survived by: Purple tip Digi, Pink Digi, Stylo, Pocci, and thank god the frag of green base pink polyped cap i just bought from Jesse (it looks better than before, freak).

Time to start over. Thanks for listening to my depressing story. Hope your day is going good. I am gonna have a drink and stare at the bones in my tank.

Yeah, the main reason I haven't taken the SPS plunge is their high mortality rate. I had a small frag of acro not too long ago. I moved a rock that had yumas on it next to the acro frag and the frag was dead two days later.

That kind of delicate I want no part of (at least until I get a place I know I'll be staying in for several years).

Sucks to hear it, duder. That is definitely a bummer.

I am so sorry to hear about that! You helped me out in the beginning and I wish that I could help you too. I had the same problem for an unknown reason and lost several fish recently and so I finally decided to downgrade to FOWLR. I don't want to do the corals anymore, although I still have a couple handfuls of shrooms. I got rid of all my beautiful corals, including a two headed yellow figi that was great, and a huge finger leather. BOO HOO, now I had to get rid of my favorites - my clowns and their LTA because I didn't want to do the lighting anymore too. I will now be happy to only use the magnet a couple of times a month now if ever.

Good luck to you Matt!!
Elise

Matt, what are you doing this weekend? if you like, you could come over and i'll load you up with some free sps frags, i have to trim some back and your the perfect person to take them. LMK

-jesse

Jesse, Thanks that would be great. I am going to keep an eye on my water quality and will let you know asap if its up to par.

I understand...I just lost 23 rare sps due to a prodibio overdose. It makes for a rather depressing week looking at the boneyard.

Dude Matt I am so sorry to hear that! I had a feeling you were moving soon. When I came over to check on it that day I was saying to myself how your tank is looking really good. Hope the move went ok besides the tank. Did you get the larger tank set up or did you leave the 30 set up?

Thanks for the kind words. The 180 is in the garage and the 30 is set up right now.

Here are some pics.
death007.jpg

death006.jpg

death005-1.jpg

death004-1.jpg

death003.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12853787#post12853787 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by random_ryan
oh man that sux. did you rise the sand bed?

I used brand new sand. I didnt rinse it though. In the rush of things I forgot to. It wasnt all that cloudy.

I can get you a slimer frag at least as big as the one you lost. Just let me know when you are ready for it. Probably some other stuff too.

Back