A new start...

No, I am in Florida...no real basement. There will be an A/C unit in the room that the tank will be in, do you think this will work?

Mike

I am not sure I guess some water will condense on the coils and drain outside. You might want to monitor the humidity in the tank room to address if you need another solution. I have seen some threads where people installed exhaust fans like in bathrooms. Hopefully someone with more experience will comment. On the flip side of that I guess it depends on if you get a chiller or rely of evaporation to keep the tank at temp.

Rick

I will be relying on the A/C and evaporation. The room is right next to my garage so venting off heat into the garage would be easy enough, I guess.

Mike

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8217967#post8217967 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MacnReef
I just picked up both the sump and fuge!!!

More to come.

Mike

Has anyone ever called you a tease before? :D

- chris

lol...:lol:

Ok, so the bar is down...that was the hard part. Now I just need some man power to remove the back bar...:smokin:

Before
13041bar-area.jpg

After
13041bar_down.jpg

Here is the sump, fuge, reactor and skimmer...all patiently awaiting their new home...:D
13041sump_fuge_reactor_skimmer.jpg

Mike

I have re-routed my dual 20A circuits! Once I get the wall built and finalize where everything is going to go, I will put in the electrical boxes, install the GFI's and flip the switch...lol

Nothing much to shoot right now, just a lot of work left to do. I was actually surprised that I got the circuits redone. Thankfully, when the electrician came and installed them, I watched him and I remember just about everything.

Mike

Ok just talked with Mike, the tank builder, and he is adding four 1" bulkheads to the bottom for my closed loop returns. It will look just like "thewuf" 's tank.

Mike

Sequence Dart and Oceans Motions 4 way have been ordered!!!

I just need to find some time and go get some lumber to start on the stand and wall. I think I am going to make the stand 48" tall, putting the tank in the 4' to 6' viewing area. I might go 46" but I will make that decision once I get some wood...lol

Oh yeah, tank will also be viewable from two sides...I will try to make a quick drawing of the idea.

Hmmm, maybe my thread is a little boring? Seems like other in-wall builds get a lot more attention...oh well. I would really like some input though.

Mike

Yes it would.

I think I have decided on lights.

Three 250W Reef Optix III HQI's
Sunlight Supply HQI ballasts
250W 20K XM's or 14K Pheonix bulbs

Mike

The lady buying my 58 will be by tonight!

My next purchase this week will be wood and drywall. I should have enough to afford that with the money I get from my 58. Hopefully the wall and stand will be built on Saturday so I can start hanging the drywall and getting the room ready for the tank. I am thinking I should have the tank late next week or the first of the following. Once the tank is in I will evaluate the water level with the pumps running and how high the sand bed will be, then I will trim the aquarium with some molding to make it look like a picture frame...its gonna be sweet.

Mike

More pictures, less words. :)

I'll read all this later when I have a bit more time.

I recommend the phoenix's though, I like 'em.

Well its one change after another...lol

Since I was concerned that the Deltec would not be able to handle the size of the tank, I found an MR3 skimmer with pump and collection cup for sale from a guy who is downgrading and wanted a Deltec insump skimmer. We worked it out and I will have the an MR3 Skimmer on the tank instead.

42994skimmer_with_MR3_mod_running_wet.jpg

42994completed_plumbing_running.jpg

Mike

You've changed your mind more than anyone I know Mike. :)

I'll bet in school you chose D. All of the Above a lot? huh?

LOL

HEY!!! No making fun of me on my own thread!!! :lol: :lol:

Its not that I change my mind but when I bought the skimmer, my intentions were to use it on the 58 and now that I have upgraded to a 150, that was the only piece of equipment I was concerned with. My reactor is rated for 500g also.

Mike

It's Update Time!!!

It's Update Time!!!

So I decided to go ahead and build the stand. It is 46" tall and you will notice that it isn't 60" long...:D I talked with the tank builder and we upgraded it to a 180!!! lol

Here are the pics. I ain't done with braces yet, ran out of wood.

13041stand_side.jpg

13041stand_front.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Mike

Back