a. sandaracinos & A. Ocellaris nem options?

Trigger 180

greetings to all. my wife and I are looking at stocking 1 pair of Orange skunks, and 1 pair of black & white Ocellaris. we currently have just a LTA and no clowns in our 180 gallon reef tank. we really want 1 pair of Orange Skunks (amphiprion sandaracinos), and a pair of black & white Ocellaris. we do not want to take on a more difficult nem (like a carpet), but we are a little uncertain on how to achieve 1 nem per pair of clowns, and how to introduce the clowns. we are thinking of getting an RTBA since we have had success with them in the past, and since they enjoy rooting high up in the rock work, would stay away from the sandbed bound LTA (in theory). so can anybody share asdvise on:

- we are pretty sure that Ocellaris will take to the LTA, so that doesn't seem to be a problem, but will an RTBA host Orange Skunks? will the LTA host the Oranges (cannot seem to find any data on this). if NOT, then what nems WILL host Orange skunks (outside of the hard to take care of CARPETS)?

- have heard the Leathery nems will also host, but we are seeing that leathers are difficult to care for. any truth to this? experiences?

- what is the best way to introduce the 2 pairs of clowns? all together? one pair first?

- we don't really care about what pair adopts what nem (we'd be fools to try) but we DO want to achieve 1 pair per nem, and we really like our LTA...

thoughts?

LTA.........Macrodactyla doreensis........is great for Saddlebacks..............Amphiprion polymnus............

Saddlebacks are funny fishes............they bring things to near the base of the Anemone................

They live in Sand Flats...........and is just the sand and the anemone..........

So they need a hard substrate to spawn..............and they bring large shells........or even man made artifacts...........

But I don´t know if its easy to find Saddlebacks to buy..............???

Black Saddlebacks are specially prety fishes...................but be carefull.........sometimes they are agressive.............

Amphiprion sebae use LTA as a host Anemone.................but its a rare fish.........and I don´t know if people are breeding them...............???

LTAs is a natural host for these two clownfish species..................

Not exactly the favorite of Orange Skunks and Black & White Ocellaris........

Orange Skunks as you already know..........they like Mertens............but sometimes they are seen hosted in Heteractis crispa..............

And.......B&W Ocellaris are founded in Stichodactyla gigantea..............

LTAs.........or Corkscrew Anemones............whem large enough have intresting tentacles shape...............and also some individuals are very colorfull..............

I think work with LTAs is cool..........

In this site have nice pics of this anemone.......

http://www.wildsingapore.com/wildfacts/cnidaria/actiniaria/doreensis.htm

OBS: In captivity many things change..............and you can try other clown/nems configurations................

But you can alternatively think in a more natural approach...............selecting right clowns for a specific anemone.............that you already have..............

Back