a survey: how many zoas color morphs in your tank?

Ficklefins & gflat65 - I agree with you guys totally.

It is hard to really determine color morphs when it comes to zoanthids.

I have the exact same zoanthids at the top of my tank as I do at the bottom and they look totally different. Both look healthy but which is actually the "true" color?

I would guess somewhere around 50, but that is a guess, i don't have the time to count. not a full tank pic, but here are a lot of my zoas:
wideshot.jpg

ficklefins: I apologize for the confusion.. what I wanted to find out is how many different color zoas people have in their tank.. I guess the word "morph" can be confusing when using with zoas.. I read something here before about a discussion about morphing zoas... don't have time to look for it right now though.. sorry..

twon8: awesome zoas section... :) love the colors...

Marvin

I am in the range of 45-50, adding more every week too 8D. I got rid of all of my "ugly" a while back. Post up some pics guys!

Twon, Awesome tank!

God, I cannot believe some of you guys have over 20 different color zoas! :eek1:
I think I might have a dozen or so.

After you start trading you get more and more, thats how I get most of mine! In the summer you can do cross country trading and all with thermos trades, and even in spring if the weather is right. Just watch in the trading forum for these things and your collection will start growing 8D.

i've got about 46 different zoas.....and still hungry for more!

recently, i've been getting most of mine from trades with other reefers.....most of the lfs in my area have the same old zoas...oh well

Wow! I can't believe you guys have so many different morphs of zoos! I think I only have... lemme count... seven, possibly eight different kinds. I'll be trading for some blues on Sunday at a meeting though. :D

I'm going to have to watch for the thermos trades this summer. It would be nice to get some new varieties in my nano. I just don't see as many zoos in the LFS as I used to and I'm not sure if buying online and paying for shipping would be very cost effective!

Stacy

Thermos trades? LOL.. geez..What size thermos do they normally ship them in.. I'm def going to have to chk this out!

cougaran...$4.00 red & white cambell's thermos. Look for it coming to a mail box near you this spring!

Scott

To add to what sttaylor said, you can find these thermoses in the tupperware isle at Wlamart. ;)
I still have some for my trades and promised corals for next month.

Great!! I'm doing this for sure ASAP.. Have to wait a little bit it's still too cold here in MASS...Dont want to try the heat pack thing..

I'm in New York. I would also wait at least until April to ship.
I have had losses from shipping in the cold weather...

Back