About to get back in after a 8 year hiatus

atl14

Still got my old stuff to get rolling. Twin 250 or 500 dont remember Phoenix MH with lumatek ballasts. 90g drilled, bunch of stuff. Looking at prices and OMG when did yellow tangs become purple tang money? Also hammer and frog spawn seem to have doubled.

Yep, welcome to the hobby where you throw money at a glass box of water.
I remember when cable TV was $19.99...............Now the SAME cable i have is $200!!!!
I mean EVERYTHING has gone up due to pop growth & needs & overhead. Sigh.....

LED prices are way down so if the MHs dont fireup might grab some kessil. The yellow tang prices have been the only thing that was really wild to me as far as current prices.

I havnt seen a reasonably priced led if there was say a plug and play with out blue tooth and all the crazy programming for 2-300$ I think they would do well but 1k + for leds and u need 3-4 them is insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skimmers are cheaper, take a hard look at BRS and other sites for the Black Friday sales. Also DC return pumps make it easier to match return and flow requirements. There are more options with flow within the tank. Again BF sales if you want Tunze.
Welcome back Like I always say there is good and bad in everything

The pandemic has seriously effected the supply chains, while demand has perhaps gone up, with folks stuck at home. Classic supply and demand scenario. Hopefully, things will settle down and prices will follow suit.

Clams are another notable mention. I remember getting good sized and good looking maxima clams for $50-75 in the 2010 timeframe. Small ones have been selling for $100-150 for the last 5'ish years.

I've found that zoas are about the same, some really high and some really affordable. Montis seem to be cheaper, ditto for a bunch of good looking Acros. It's not that Acros are cheap, it's that interesting Acro availability has increased and there are a lot of $20-40 frags that would have been $50-80 a few years ago.

Back