Acan's dying?

evo.howard2010

Everything in my tank seems to be doing fine! Nice and open the levels are all good ammonia, pH, nitrates, salinity calcium ,alkalinity, temp! I'm not sure why they look so ****ed the look to be withering away it's not close to anything that would sting in so I'm not really sure what's going on?
f814be9953ebeccf6b437b23c4463840.jpg

I would suggest new tank syndrome imo isn't your tank relatively new Evo and was all your water mixed by you or did you get any sort of water from another tank or any beneficial bacteria dirty filter etc I might be completely wrong but I have had similar problems in the past

I would suggest new tank syndrome imo isn't your tank relatively new Evo and was all your water mixed by you or did you get any sort of water from another tank or any beneficial bacteria dirty filter etc I might be completely wrong but I have had similar problems in the past
I mixed all my water my self but I used live sand and dry rock! My ammonia has not spiked and my parameters seem to be fine!! My tank has been running for at about a month and a half. Ahh its annoying!

tank is probably too new acans can be a pain in the butt wait a few months and try again even though you used live sand and you did not use live rock so its going to take longer for the tank to cycle

Agree slow down. I had that problem when I first started and I ended up killing my tank. After that then I started to listen to people.

Personally I would of only put a few things in the tank and let it cycle for at least four months while at the same time keeping an eye on your parameters. Once everything is consistent for a while then you add tank few harder corals.

Take your time and slow down.

Back