Accidental Calcium Overdose- Help?

Chicago Kopka

Made a stupid mistake and accidentally dosed the equivalent of 200 ppm calcium to my tank in a matter of 10 minutes. The magnesium in my tank was around 1180 so I thought I dosed enough mag to raise it up to 1280, however like a moron I grabbed the wrong bottle. Just realized this now about 8 hours later. Calcium is probably sitting around 620-650.

Should I be concerned or just let it fall naturally? A couple acros have retracted polyps but other than that everything looks fine. total water volume is 60 gallons.

Really any size water change will be beneficial. I was just going by what I always read when people have issues, mostly everyone suggests a large water change. Where are you located? I have 20 gallons mixed up using red sea regular salt. Was going to change the water on my tank today but I'm really sick and didn't get around to it. The water is yours if your in the port Richey area

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm on the way other side of Tampa but thank you I appreciate the offer. Same salt I use too. I should have enough to do a 20 gallon change within a couple hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it look like anything is responding negatively? Don't panic too much. First watch what's going on. If you can do some water change, surely will be beneficial. Large Alk swings have hit me harder than large Ca swings.

Back