Achilles issue and question

Charlie's Angel

Have had my Achilles for 3 months with no issues. Tonight noticed that he barely ate and is barely swimming. He is has some rapid breathing. All my parameter look fine. Just changed GFO and can't for the life of me see any other visible issues on the tank. Any thoughts as to what this is?

Thanks

Re: Achilles issue and question

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14538062#post14538062 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Charlie's Angel
Have had my Achilles for 3 months with no issues. Tonight noticed that he barely ate and is barely swimming. He is has some rapid breathing. All my parameter look fine. Just changed GFO and can't for the life of me see any other visible issues on the tank. Any thoughts as to what this is?

Thanks

thats not a good sign...i would put him in the QT right away and start him on Lifeguard..it works great for me and should kill off anything wrong with him because hes obviously sick or stressed.

Good luck! i love my Achilles tang

I can't QT him...very strange and I doubt he'll make it...I was thinking low oxygen levels but have no way to test it and I have tons of flow and a big skimmer...pulled out a bunch of calurpa and chaeto from the fuge to make sure that was releasing toxins...will do a water change tomorrow, but i'm afrad that is best I could do...by far my favorite fish and will be sad to see him go

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14538635#post14538635 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Charlie's Angel
I can't QT him...very strange and I doubt he'll make it...I was thinking low oxygen levels but have no way to test it and I have tons of flow and a big skimmer...pulled out a bunch of calurpa and chaeto from the fuge to make sure that was releasing toxins...will do a water change tomorrow, but i'm afrad that is best I could do...by far my favorite fish and will be sad to see him go

then i guess thats about the only thing you can do without a QT :( Achilles is one of my favorite fish also i hope he pulls through good luck!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14544733#post14544733 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Charlie's Angel
He passed away last night...very strange...will try again someday as he is my favorite fish as well

i was hoping you werent gonna say that :( well thats really sad but maybe try again in the near future. good luck.

Back