Acro turning white at bottom...?

its a 37 gallon with 175W Halide, and 2 65 watt actinics. I havent test water, but know its fine change 35% weekly. Though fixture sits 8inch from top of tank, and bulb is probably 10" from water surface.

it can be a pest like flat worms or red bugs but it is usually water quality or light.sometimes a agressive coral too close can do it also

Theres also a big branching leather....but nothing ever touches and are atleast inch or so away from zoo's and 4-5 inches from leather

That explains why the 2 by the zoos have it and the other acro farthest over from tank is fine. The one right next to the zoos just got it, the purple one has had for awhile but is 2-3 inches upstream. So you think just move them?

its tough keeping sps with what you have.it can be done but the acros will suffer if you do not get them away from them softies

well thanks for the info....just started sps going good for awhile. But this has set me back, first struggle. I move softies over to one half and the acros together on the other side higher up.

moved all my acros to the right edge of tank upper section. Theres still a branching leather up there 4-5 inches away...its grown over onto the live rock. So, only way to remove would be to rip it with frag rock and it would probably just re grow there where ripped. But anyways moved them all away from the zoo's and other softies, now there browing. The polpys are still there colors but the bodies are turning light brown. Also if look in my gallery of pics my purple acro has over night exploded its white up atleast half is body now. Any ideas i what is still wrong? I have been feeding them yet, would that be a huge problem? Anemone died and cant get to his body, star fish, and fish having good time picking at him. But water quality has to be down, been changing 5-10 gallons daily of the 37 gallon tank.

sounds like water quality.also aleopathy from the softies can cause prolonged negative impact on the acros for weeks after you move them.i would not expect instant improvement.if the acro that as you describe as white half way up,actually has recession of tissue,i would think about cutting it above the necrosis and gluing it to a plug or it will likely continue all the way up.

Back