Acropora ADDICT!!! the next generation of addicts!

Two from my tank.

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7639461#post7639461 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Shawnts106
Lets beef up this thread a bit people..

When you post pictures, tell a little more about your tank, size, maintence, additions, additives etc...

skimmer size and model.

Okay here goes .

Tank 180gbb 6x2x2

Flow 2x6200 streams ,3x6100 streams ,a wavebox,a 7095,single contoller and wavebox contoller.

Lighting 100%MH 5x250de 14k phx in roIII pendants with icecap ballasts.

Skimmers ER 8-2 and ASM g-3

Waterchanges every 2 weeks @40g with kent salt mixed at 35ppt @79 degrees

Only additives are the Tropic Marin Coral Elements .

14fish

Now on with my favorites.
M. vietnamensis
180-june-10th-l.jpg

INDo valida
180-june-10th-g.jpg

Blue formosa a long time favorite showing its ture colors once again
180-june-10th-c.jpg

This one has 2 of my fav mille's
180-may-29th-a.jpg

Crayola intense purple tips, red/orange polyps with a green base
180-may-8th-b.jpg

Lokain and MP frag
180-may-6th-g.jpg

Another frag
180-june-10th-n.jpg

I have some more but photobuck is on the fritz

hey CAreefer i've been looking for that coral - how do you tell/ whats the major dif between, the deswali and the plana??? i had a beautiful frag of one or the other that was growing into a colony when i lost it in a FWE incident and would like to replace it

Clathrata Frag encrusting well.

Tyree Lime Green Cap, Purple Digi

Pink Hyacinthus Frag, also encrusting very well

ORA Turquoise Staghorn

ID on this was "Bali Aquacultured" WHAT is it and HOW do I get rid of the cloves without damaging the coral?

Idaho Grape Frag (Got stung when an acro fell on it) it is coming back nicely!

My ORA Blue Tort

Peach Stylo, was golf ball sized 6 months ago, between baseball and softball sized now!

Raspberry Vericoas and Green Pocillaphora

Purple Tipped Valida

Click on the Pictures and they will enlarge! Thanks for looking!

My limited observation skills tell me that the Desalwi has thinner branches and a "bushier" growth pattern. Eric at FragFarmer . com usually has some for sale.

another batch of acro's comin up:

mix with pm in center
DSCN2477.jpg

Dave tort
DSCN2388.jpg

another type of echinata/awi
DSCN1887.jpg

Serdar's tort...which is really a hoek
DSCN2273.jpg

Paletta pink tip
DSCN2187.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7623930#post7623930 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dillycheeze
8411DSCN4041.jpg

Is it me or is this one sticking above the water (the rings are almost a giveaway), taken during a water change? Or does this tank have an elaborate tide system?

Looks like its out of the water to me too. Look at the colors in the water rings at the bottom....Looks like there is some light enhancement to me.

lol, its not growing out of the water, Acros don't do that in captivity... they do something called tableing... where once a tip reaches the surface of the water it starts "tableing" sort of.

SALTWATER humidity???

Hey, huh what where, whats going on, what'd I miss, where am I , and I undermedicated?

HUH! ok, there is no such thing as saltwater humidity.... salt doesnt evaporate.

Back