Acrylic tank setup for sale

Ball

I have for sale a complete setup. Nothing to add but water.

The tank is a 30+ (not for sure) gallon, 36” long acrylic tank with a built in overflow. Some of you might recognize this type of tank as it came from the old Reef Connection store when it was closing. It’s a really neat tank. The tank does have a lot of scratches on it from being in the store and from normal use. However, when it’s filled with water, the visibility of the scratches is a lot less. There is also a small chip on the bottom edge, but it doesn’t affect anything.

I built the stand its setting on. It’s defiantly overbuilt. Not a flimsy stand at all. I also made it a tad taller then most common stands to bring the display up to a more eye pleasing height.

I am including all the plumbing, pumps, and a Rubbermaid I used as a sump. Works well.

Also included is an Aqua Medic Turbo Flotor 1000 skimmer. It can defiantly pull out some dark skimmate on a tank this size. It comes with a Rio 1700 needle wheel pump and a maxi jet feed pump. Just plug it in and its skimming.

The light I used on this tank is also included in this setup. The bulb is a 250W XM 20K, about a year old and is in a standard spider reflector. It is powered by a magnetic M58 ballast. The ballast has a little bit of surface rust on it from normal use. The single 250W MH lights up this tank very well. No need for any additional lighting.

I think this would be a great frag/prop tank. It also makes a good tank for a large Mantis or other specialty creature you want to keep in your fish room. It could even be used as a remote refugium I suppose. This setup used to house my Mantis shrimp, but I transferred him to a smaller tank. I would have loved to keep it as a frag tank myself, but I have too many tanks now as it is.

Here is a breakdown of everything that is included:
- 30+ gallon “Clarity Plus” acrylic tank
- Stand
- Rubbermaid for sump
- Rio 1700 return pump
- All plumbing
- Aqua Medic Turbo Flotor 1000 skimmer with needle wheel pump and feed pump
- 250W XM 20K bulb (year old)
- Spider reflector
- M58 ballast
- Mag float for acrylic tanks

I am selling everything for $145. I live in Oskaloosa and am available on most weeknights and weekends. I will keep this available as a complete setup for a couple days to give people an opportunity to get this all in one setup. If nobody wants the entire rig, I will start parting it out in a couple days.

Complete Setup
Picture%20049.jpg

Top View
Picture%20044.jpg

Back of tank
Picture%20053.jpg

Skimmer, pumps, etc.
Picture%20042.jpg

Overflow area
Picture%20047.jpg

Reflector and bulb
Picture%20056.jpg

Ballast
Picture%20059.jpg

Worst part of scratches - most dissapear when water is in tank
Picture%20043.jpg

I am interested. Is this the Turbofloater Multi or just the sump only version? Also, I am wondering if this tank would fit in a regular back seat (Grand Prix)? My truck is very old and gets like 5 miles to the gallon. Too expensive to drive to Oskaloosa, I am in Boone. Also, would you be willingh to maybe meet me in Des Moines if I decide to take it? I would also like to maybe visit Coral Freak if he is up to it, so that may be an advantage to coming to you.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9861749#post9861749 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jtesdall
I am interested. Is this the Turbofloater Multi or just the sump only version? Also, I am wondering if this tank would fit in a regular back seat (Grand Prix)? My truck is very old and gets like 5 miles to the gallon. Too expensive to drive to Oskaloosa, I am in Boone. Also, would you be willingh to maybe meet me in Des Moines if I decide to take it? I would also like to maybe visit Coral Freak if he is up to it, so that may be an advantage to coming to you.

Its the sump version. The tank would fit in the back seat, but I doubt the stand would fit. Maybe it could fit in the trunk with some bungie cords holding the trunk lid down. I wont be coming to Des Moines for a few more weeks.

Back