Acrylic Tubing

bckane

Premium Member
Im looking for 3" OD x 2 3/4" ID Acrylic Tubing. All the places I checked out only sold in 6' sections........I need a piece about 6" to 8".......I want to do a little DIY mod on my riser tube for my skimmer.......can anyone help me out.??
TIA
Brian

I might have some, have to check diameter. I know I have 2", 4" and 6", I may have gotten 3" at some point. It is extruded though, not sure if that matters for what you're doing. Let me know and I'll check when I get home.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6952276#post6952276 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by p4ck37p1mp
I might have some, have to check diameter. I know I have 2", 4" and 6", I may have gotten 3" at some point. It is extruded though, not sure if that matters for what you're doing. Let me know and I'll check when I get home.
Cool let me know about the 3"......I hate to have to buy a 6' section when I only need 6"......wish there was a place local....I look in the yellowpages

Thanks p4ck37p1mp........Let me know
Brian

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6952637#post6952637 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Treeman
Try Prospect Plastics. They should sell a piece.

I seen on there website it says Extruded Tube comes in 72" lengths........I will have to give them a call.......
Thanks Treeman

I have a piece of 3" extruded, exactly 6" long. ;) It doesn't look 1/4" thick though, more like 1/8th. I'm not likely to use it so you're welcome to it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6961044#post6961044 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by p4ck37p1mp
I have a piece of 3" extruded, exactly 6" long. ;) It doesn't look 1/4" thick though, more like 1/8th. I'm not likely to use it so you're welcome to it.

Im going to go to Prospect Plastics this week. I maybe able to get what Im looking for. There website says only sells in 72"....but they might sell me what I want.....If not I will take you up on your offer.......Thanks Again
Brian

PS...Do you attend any of the meetings.?

Do you guys know if prospector plastics sells plastic screws and wingnuts? I've trying to find these with no results. Anyone know?

TitaniuIVI,
Not sure if they have the plastic nuts and bolts stuff, US Plastics does though, thats where I got mine.

bckane,
I wasn't sure if you meant me or someone else in regards to meetings, but I haven't yet. I'd like to but things are a little hectic lately.

p4ck37p1mp
BTW...I did get a piece of Acrylic Tubing at Prospector Plastics...nice people over there...I was looking for a piece 3"OD X 2.75"ID....they told me they only sell it in full lenghts....But the man said let me look in the back and he came out with a piece 2.75" and ask me if this would work....I told him Yep.....and he said take it "Merry Christmas"......Anyone else would try to sell it....
But thanks for the offer dude
Brian

Back