advice for anemone purchase

fishroomlady

Hi All: I'm getting my tank to a point where I hopefully can be adding an anemone. Do you all recommendations on suppliers? Anyone that you have found with great livestock and reasonable prices? Any input is greatly appreciated!

If you are new to reef, from a 54 g FOWLR, I would not recommend a anemone right away.
For anemone, I would buy it locally. You will hav eto see it and judge it health before buying it, They are not easy to keep.

your take needs to be stable and mature about a year old before adding an anemone, i would buy local so you can see if its healthy, be patient. I lucked out and got an anemone and a clown was already hsoting so I bought them both.

I've made many adjustments to my tank for adding an anemone. My tank is well established - 15 years. I am upgrading lighting, rescaping, adding flow, and testing all parameters before adding. I'm also adjusting my current fish to make the changeover...most LFS near me don't get much of a selection but totally understand your point in needing to see it to observe its health. Perhaps I'll just have to make do with what is available locally :(

I never had any luck with LFS purchases. Got an RBTA from Divers Den (Live Aquaria) ... about the size of a baseball. It split within 2 months both have grown to the size of dinner plates and now one of them just split again when the weather changed and tank temp went down. Now I have 3!

Blue zoo is another reputable online store. If you're in the area, I'd check out phishy business...Aaron and his gang take impeccable care of all their livestock

Also this weekend there is a big swap in Columbus, there are several btas for sale at great prices

Back