Advice on Aussie gold torch color loss?

dnguyen1

Will work for fish
Hey guys my Aussie gold torch lost its color it's got some portions of the tentacles that are yellow but mostly it looks bleached. However it's got heavy tissue on the stalk and looks meaty.

It lost color pretty quick within a couple of weeks. I believe it's because at one point I had too polished of water. I have slowly built up nitrates and phosphates. Just wanted to see if you guys think the bleach may have been from too little nutrients or too much light? I have attached my set up to see the height it's away from my ap700 and t5 combo.

Just wanted to strap in for the long haul on its recover but wanted to assure myself I am on the right path.

Levels 9.2 alk (has an issue so I'm working to drop it slow)
450 calcium
1440 magnesium
Nitrate 5ppm
Phosphates 0.02
Weekly water changes
Daily fish feeding
Coral spot feeding with reefroids and reef chili

Thank you!!!
289ddc06c24816214c22aceae2288854.jpg
6a2471c1c25cac5bb5671838ecb153ef.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Maybe it's getting too much light where you currently have it. You may try moving it to the opposite corner. I have mine in the back corner of my tank away from direct light and where currents drifts food and detritus into it.

Last edited:
Thanks for that feedback I will move away from flow behind the powerhead :) hmm one question I had was the tentacles were super long extended ... Could that mean it was reaching for light? The counter tho is the lost in color that confuses me

I would have to say low nutrients. My indo lost color and then the flesh died

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Most lps in the wild are found low to medium height from the waters surface. For this guy I think it's few things taking place. 1 he's to high in your tank, 2 maybe getting to much flow, 3 nutrient levels are low.

How long have you had it ?
I believe its a lighting issue. High in the tank and under led.
My torch is midway and under t5.

Too much light and low nutrient. Mine has 2 shades.. the upperside is lighter colour than the one hidden under shade from light

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks so much this has been productive!! I've moved it to the opposite side and behind the powerhead and I've been working on the increase of my nutrients :) I am hoping for a smooth road to recovery .

I appreciate you all

Back