AEFW or Red Bugs

cruzo

Hi guys. I have been trying to figure out why my acros have been declining but my montis and and stylo are doing just great. I took this picture and it looks like I have some kind of pest destroying my acros. I am not sure if its red bugs or flat worms.
I really dont want to dose the tank with interceptor so not to kill my inverts.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Orlando
IMG_3130.JPG

Those are def red bugs. As much as you want to. You can't ignore them. Trust me. I did the interceptor treatment and although I lost all my shrimps I killed all the red bugs. Try to catch the inverts you care most about.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Can i Move the acro and tors over to a qt tank and use interceptor there? That wold leave my montis/torches/hammers/stylos/favias/acans in the DT along with my fish and inverts.
or maybe i should just catch my shrimp,crab and snails and put them in the qt and deal with the copepod loss.

Not all vets carry it now but it did come back. Try the mom and pops type vets and bring paperwork about interceptor treatments working on reef tanks along with pictures of your tank. Treat the tank. It's easy and the pod population will bounce back, when I use it they bounce back in more numbers than before. And not all of the Pods were killed either. Your acros will thank you. Careful because sometimes aefw will show up after the treatment, at least that's some of our experiences here.

Just called my vet and they said they don't sell interceptor anymore.

Talk to your vet, order interceptor from 1800 pet meds using them as the prescribing vet, have it sent to them so you can go pick it up, I brought literature to my vet on Dustin Dortons protocal on treating for red bugs in Acropora using interceptor and he was so intrigued he wanted to start a reef tank of his own now.

Some vets, however will tell you to kick rocks, just got to find the "chill" ones

Back