Agressive 75 Gallon Stocking

Unhappily a foxface can grow to 10" and freaks if cornered as their size begins to max out the space.

I've kept a one spot foxface in a 75 gallon. I think that would fit fine but I'm looking for more of an oddities tank. I've already been there done that with mixed reef so I'm really looking to shake it up.

Possibly go with the smaller dwarf lions to open up what other fish can go in with them. I really fell in love with the mombassa lionfish though so its going to be disappointing.

I suppose I could try the mixture of poison and teeth but I have a feel one or both will end up dead. It would be an interesting aquarium though.

Hey Guys,

I've been doing research over the last week or so and might have found a stocking around what I'm looking for. If I skip out on the medium bodied lionfish and stick with dwarf lions how does something like this sound:

1. Snowflake Eel
2. 2 Dwarf Lionfish
3. 2 Scorpion/LeafFish
4. Something else unique (Possibly a smaller Puffer or blue throat trigger) but need to do some more research into compatibility and tank size.

Someone see any issues? The aquarium will have pretty good filtration and regular water changes.

blue throat triggers I think will get too big for a 75 and puffers be they big or small will nip at the spines and fins of the lionfish and possibly even harass the SFE. It really all depends on their demeanor though, as with humans the same is true with fish, they all have different personalities you may get a puffer that is a model citizen or you may get a puffer that is the biggest *** in the tank.

one thing you do want to bear in mind though is that most of those you have chosen will be hard to get onto frozen or prepared foods. I had a dwarf lionfish long ago and I never got to eat frozen food so I was stuck feeding him live foods which was cool to watch but a bit of a pain in the butt to do.

blue throat triggers I think will get too big for a 75 and puffers be they big or small will nip at the spines and fins of the lionfish and possibly even harass the SFE. It really all depends on their demeanor though, as with humans the same is true with fish, they all have different personalities you may get a puffer that is a model citizen or you may get a puffer that is the biggest *** in the tank.

one thing you do want to bear in mind though is that most of those you have chosen will be hard to get onto frozen or prepared foods. I had a dwarf lionfish long ago and I never got to eat frozen food so I was stuck feeding him live foods which was cool to watch but a bit of a pain in the butt to do.

I was a bit worried about that. Live food is kind of hard to come by around my area as well so its not really something I want to have to do regularly. I really more want a medium bodied lionfish like a Mombasa. I guess I'm struggling with finding fish that won't kill or eat each other ha.

Possibly stick partly with my original plan of going:
1. Mombasa Lionfish
2. Snowflake Eel
3. Angler or scorpionfish of some kind
4. Something else to compliment the ones mentioned

I've done the mixed reef for so long and I'm just kind of tired of the fish selection ha. I really want to try to get something that's unique going. I might just have to stick with the top 2 options and experiment a bit with other fish.

I have a pretty good network of enthusiasts so if something doesn't work out I can almost always find homes for them.

Back