AI Hydra 52's were OFF this morning

mikoz

Hi all,

I've had a HYDRA-52 system running with an AI director for years. I've gone through one director and two power supplies for the HYDRAs but other than that things have been smooth.

This morning, when I went to the tank, both lights were completely off, yet powered on with green status lights. I'd never seen this before.

I went to the AI app > layout and ran through a cycle with the Play button... it worked perfectly but again after the cycle was done, both lights were turned off by the director. Very odd. On the screen, it showed that many colors should be on at that time of day, yet nothing was on. I "fixed" it by making a completely new profile. I feat that I didn't actually fix anything, rather it will come back.

Has anyone else ever seen this?

I don't have a hydra or the director, but I do have another AI product (prime). There is this strange setting on it where you can simulate "lunar" patterns under the "effects" menu. This caused my light to be off even though it was technically on.... and running the play button appeared to work normally. Is this something you also have?

I don't have a hydra or the director, but I do have another AI product (prime). There is this strange setting on it where you can simulate "lunar" patterns under the "effects" menu. This caused my light to be off even though it was technically on.... and running the play button appeared to work normally. Is this something you also have?

Lunar was on between 10P and 7A, maybe this is the secret. I have disabled it, thanks. I wouldn't have expected it to be completely off, however :)

FWIW sometimes my vegas don't seem to receive the "ON" signal correctly. about once a month or so i'll come home to a tank with at least 1 dark light, even though the LED status indicator is green.

i usually just unplug the offending light, and plug it back in. this usually resolves the issues if it turns out not to be a moonlight setting.

Back