Aiptasia-X used on Manjanos

Steph Ed

The title says it all....what's you're take? I do have a manjano wand, too, but 5 minutes at a time gets very tedious. The manjanos are having a big fat party with everyone in the fam in our tank. They need to go!

Use some kalk paste. Works every time! Try not to get it on corals. They'll die too! But a dab of paste and they'll be gone!

I have used kuala paste but it is hard to keep it off the coral so I wait 24 hours after mix kaulk with tank water and inject with needle for better accuracy and no damage to corals, but it mat take more than one injection.

I use my DIY Aiptaiser for critters that are easy to get to, and a thick paste of Mrs. Wages pickling lime injected via syringe for ones hiding in the crevices. Works like a charm. And a $3 container of the pickling lime (aka calcium carbonate, same as kalkwasser) will last a long long time!

Mrs. Wages is the way to go!

Mrs. Wages is the way to go!

I "mastered" growing majanoes! At the recommendation of many club members, I tried Mrs. Wages pickling lime (easily obtained in the canning section at WalMart, for approx $3.50). I have only seen 4 return (and I killed dozens) and these were ones I likely did not treat well. And guess what, they're getting another dose this weekend!

Aptasia X did not work well for me.

After you inject them, they just kinda disintegrate. You may not even see what's left. With the aiptaser, you'll keep the power on while the animal turns to mush.... you can continue to zap them while agitating them off the surface of the rock, and then remove the remains.

Back