Aiptasia

Bluefish1500

Hi,
Can you confirm if this is an aiptasia ? Tks

NNsrdz

I have those exact same things in my tank but on a live rock. Can't find anything on them. Look like a Combe between feather dusters and aptasia. Stiff stalk and a filter feeding web. Keep posting if you figure out what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if hydroids, like aiptasia can reproduce via planularia when attacked, but if it were me, I'd pluck those you have with some tweezers and possibly put Kalk paste on what's left in between the zoas.

I thought you don't want to physically remove aptasia because it might spread?
Just Kalk paste seems to work for me and i don't see anything to remove afterward.

Do peppermint shrimp eat hydroids? They sure took care of my aptasia problem. Also my small feather dusters unfortunately.

I thought you don't want to physically remove aptasia because it might spread?
Just Kalk paste seems to work for me and i don't see anything to remove afterward.

Not sure if that applies to Hydroids - I believe that if you leave any tissue behind, it would regrow, but not sure if they spread if you manually pluck them. He could put kalk paste over the whole Hydroid too.

I'd bet that a peppermint that eats Aiptasia would also eat these Hydroids, but not sure.

Back