All the old guys

Just curious are all the og guys still around lol I joined back in the day when metal halides where gods of lighting πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ and that's when the forums where really something it's just so blah now

Just curious are all the og guys still around lol I joined back in the day when metal halides where gods of lighting πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ and that's when the forums where really something it's just so blah now

Hah, the good old days. Man I remember what you had to engineer a damn ATO if you wanted one. Now? Off the shelf. As I said in the other thread I don't know how the community is now but it was so close knit back in the late 2000's. Made a lot of friends and traded a lot of frags. We'll see.

I still have a couple mh's laying around somewhere, lol. I remember switching over to t5's before Sunlight Supply made the Tek Lights, which didn't seem that long ago (although it's been at least 12 years because it was before I ever joined Reef Central).

Last edited:
yes the good old days.. I miss my second tanks a 120 with a 30 long sump lifereef skimmer calcium reactor, 4 4" super actinic vho's and 2 400wt MH with lumenarc reflectors and a household thermastat to run 4 4" cooling fans. evaporated 7 gallons of water a day and stayed at 78ish degrees with shelf on front for cats to watch fishie tv

Attachments

• beforeflorida.JPG
    beforeflorida.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
You guys are bringing back some good memories. Remember ChrisAggie and the group back then? The forum was so active.

Back then I posted under the handle of reefarchitect. Unfortunately I changed my email address and was never able to reactivate that account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am getting back into the Hobbie too. Setting up a 300 reef. You guys are young. I was involved back in the mid 90s before dropping off

Roger how you been man I say you came back after that tank crash man I remember all the guys used to hang at your house and we would be amazed at your tank lol you where like the first with a bubble master and chuck was the first one to get leds lol I remember this stuff like yesterday

You guys are bringing back some good memories. Remember ChrisAggie and the group back then? The forum was so active.

Back then I posted under the handle of reefarchitect. Unfortunately I changed my email address and was never able to reactivate that account.

Lol yea back then we where a family I think I was the youngest with a 210gallon I think I was 14 years old hustleing and working at big als to support this crazy hobby

Chuck had the craziest frag tank setup. Then again it was the probably the first dedicated drag tank I'd ever seen in person. That thing was huge. I remember he was having some health issues, anyone know how he is?

I'm still here... but I have a cichlid tank now, lol... I set up a 120 gal in my apartment, and had nothing but problems... traced it back to the pest control company, but finally just broke it down to start over. ABout to set up a small reef for my girlfriend's classroom if I can find the right tank.

I remember trading my first frags with Chris Little (ChrisAggie), and the last FMAS show we ever did... got exhibitor's choice for an 18g viaaqua tank, no skimmer, quad power compact pc's (190 watts of lighting), my favorite tank ever.

Hey Chris I think I saw a posting on fb that Eric ho was selling a nice all in one 28 gal cube, that may work for you, I think he included some extras and it was $100

Still here, got out and going back in. Hopefully by Dec buying slowly no rush. Learned from the first you can get used stuff almost new. Only buying the tank new. But I have Cichlid tank.

Always nice to see the old FMAS faces around. I've since moved, but still remember all of the positive interactions with this crew, not to mention the amazing tanks. I usually hang out in the Nano Reef forum, but check in on FMAS now and then, and am still on the mailing list (and am super jealous I'm never down in FL for frag swaps or tank hops). It's nice to see that the same "old timers" keep coming back a few years later. Still waiting to see Rogger's new tank surface...

Hey Erick, congratulations I saw you are a daddy now! tank is coming along good, just waiting for it do its thing. I will be in the tank hop this year if you want to join, it will be fun.

Thanks Rogger! Lots of life changes. Wish I could join the tank hop but life with the baby and being in NYC prevent it.

I'm on my 3 year old 29g SPS biocube still, but I'm planning out my next move once we leave the city, and am trying to model it around your 375, and if that's too big for the space, I still vividly remember your 210 which was also an amazing tank.

I dont really post on here any more but still check in every once in a while. Actually still have same tank running with same skimmer and powerheads from almost 10 years ago LMAO

Welcome back Al. I bet looking at your avatar pic brings back memories though! Hope the tank is doing well after 10 years of not tearing it up and rebuilding it over and over like most people do.

Back