Allardi clownfish

ocellaris123

Hello,

My two haddoni carpets are currently clownless, and was interested in getting a pair of allardis to host them. If any one has kept this species, how is their temperament (are they aggressive like clarkiis), will they easily take to haddonis (sold a picasso pair since they showed no interest), and are they hardy?

Thanks for any and all information.

don't see any different comparing to others in the clarkii complex, should be pretty hardy. definitely not as finicky as chrysopteus

Last edited:
DSCF2239.jpg

Picked up this "pair" for 18 a piece. They seem pretty resilient and eat pretty well already

Thanks, they seem really hardy. The female is a little aggressive towards the male, but hopefully they will pair up in time.

Yeah they can be kinda honery but they look young so they'll have lots of time to get to know each other.

The female seems to have calmed down quite a bit towards the male and now they are sharing the same area. She has taken to a haddoni already but only really goes in it during the night time. These guys are much more bolder, and interesting than my old pair of picasso.

Picture-5.jpg

nice. have had my a. allardi for about 2 years now, no complaints yet. hardy as they come, she won't stop eating/stealing from my magnifica

nice. have had my a. allardi for about 2 years now, no complaints yet. hardy as they come, she won't stop eating/stealing from my magnifica

Have they spawned for you yet, and do you have any pictures? I would love too see what an adult pair looks like.

Thanks

Adult allardis are spectacular but rarely seen. I don't know if this is true or not but read somewhere that allardis don't reach their full adult color until about 6 years of age. Again I don't know if this statement actually has any merit to it but would explain why you rarely see adult ones.

Have they spawned for you yet, and do you have any pictures? I would love too see what an adult pair looks like.

Thanks

no, at the moment i don't have a male. i gave my other allardi up when i determined it had already made the switch to female. the year and a half i had them in the same tank my older female just tolerated the others' existence and seemed only to compete vigorously for food. right now i'm in the market for a nicely colored juvi.

now that you guys mentioned it i haven't seen any others that look like my big female. she's about 4.5'' and has a completely white tale. i'll try to get a good pic tonight.

AAllardi.jpg

here we are, sorry for the lesser quality photo. i recently changed the lighting to 10k so it's a bit on the yellow side

AAllardi.jpg

here we are, sorry for the lesser quality photo. i recently changed the lighting to 10k so it's a bit on the yellow side

Thanks for the photo, thats a good looking clown you have. How large would you say the other female/male was when you got rid of her, and is the current female hosting anything.

the other clown was in the 3 inch range. current female is being hosted by a small purple base yellow tipped magnifica.

Very nice, my larger "female" is being hosted by one of my haddonis. The funny thing is she only really goes into it during the night, only using it occasionally during the days.
Picture002-5.jpg

Back