American Plastics

CrazyEyes

I know I haven't posted on here in quite some time but I just wanted to share my experience with a company called American Plastics, just for anyone looking for acrylic in the Tampa area. They are absolutely awful. I recently had some acrylic cut and even paid extra for the "edge prepping" which they claim is better than a routed edge well, it wasn't, 400 grit sandpaper left a better edge than their p*ss poor edge job. This is the 3rd time this has happened to me. I kept trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but this last time did it for me. There were still saw marks, high/low spots, which should non existent when you pay extra for edge prepping. If anyone in the Tampa bay area needs a really reliable acrylic source checkout Plastek Industries and ask for Bill, he'll get everything right everytime. Again skip American plastics. Take care everyone.

As Crazyeyes said, this place has horrible finish work. One would expect while paying extra that the acrylic would come out nice and even, but no these pieces were off by up to 1/8th inch from one piece to another all while having spots that had visibly low and high spots all over making it impossible to get a nice finish without sanding. I'd stay clear of this joke of a place.

I wrote them an email about the situation, the owner wrote back and offered to cut new pieces for free, so we'll see how they come out.

Back