Amphipods

alehner529

Hello all,

I have a 16 gallon bio cube reef tank that I have had set up for about 6 months now. I have a variety of corals, a rock flower anemone, 2 sexy shrimp, a skunk cleaner shrimp, and some snails. Recently, a huge boom of amphipods have taken over my tank, and I would like to remove them from the display area of the tank. They vary in size from barely visible to a few centimeters in length, although there have been more and more large ones lately. Any suggestions of a fish I could get to eat them up that would be okay in a small tank? I have dipped all of my rock and corals in the past which worked well for about a month, but they took over again.

Thanks in advance.
71dd2d336f23d32e475ffa4bc586becb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yeah I know they are a good thing. I dont need to remove them completely just manage their population a little. You literally cannot look in the tank without seeing them crawling over every surface. I just can't seem to find many fish that can actually handle that small of a tank.

Get a six line wrasse. It will be fine in that size of tank and will keep the pod population in check.

Steer clear of the Mandarin goby. It is a beautiful, peaceful fish but a very picky eater. Unless you can train it to eat frozen foods, it will decimate your pod population and then starve to death I a 16gal tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah I have heard that about the mandarins. They sure are beautiful but I dont want to get a fish just for it to starve. I'll try a six line. Thanks!

Pods will do that without fish. One yellowtail damsel, or any small damsel will do the trick.
With a fish present, the pods will only come out at night.
No Mandarin.

Back