Anampses femininus, who has one.

Nice Ralph; I saw your pictures on Facebook when we crossed paths too.

As for the sand discussion, I wouldn't worry too much about it. There's less than 1" overall in my tank. All the sand sleepers find the part of the tank where it piles up closer to 1.5" and they do just fine.

Nice Ralph; I saw your pictures on Facebook when we crossed paths too.

As for the sand discussion, I wouldn't worry too much about it. There's less than 1" overall in my tank. All the sand sleepers find the part of the tank where it piles up closer to 1.5" and they do just fine.

Thanks!

Certainly friend me if u like on facebook!

I had one and it ate everything within 24hrs of being added, awesome fish who decided to go carpet surfing :-(

For anyone interested, Blue Zoo Aquatics has these for sale. Way to out of my price range but, I figured I'd share.

Mine is always getting a full mouth with sand and then spitting it everywhere. Do yours have the same behavior?
Looking for things to eat which are hidden in the sand; essentially sand-sifting. Yes, normal to some degree, but could indicate you should be feeding more. So long as it's just occasional behavior (and not every 5-10 min), I wouldn't worry.

Looking for things to eat which are hidden in the sand; essentially sand-sifting. Yes, normal to some degree, but could indicate you should be feeding more. So long as it's just occasional behavior (and not every 5-10 min), I wouldn't worry.

Thanks for answering me!
I don't think it's hungry. I'm feeding 4 frozen cubs daily for 13 fish. But it's constantly sand sifting - every rock is covered with sand and there is a lot on the corals as well. So, I'm thinking of returning it to LFS and getting another specimen to see if it's behaviour will be the same.
That's why I'm asking you, fellow reefers, do you have the same behaviour?

I have 5 Ansmpses, one Kuitier a pair of clowns, and a Gobi, and I'm feeding 3 cubes per feeding which is at least 2 times a day, usually 3-4 (live black works, etc).
I let them eat for twenty minutes each feeding....

Thanks for answering me!
I don't think it's hungry. I'm feeding 4 frozen cubs daily for 13 fish. But it's constantly sand sifting - every rock is covered with sand and there is a lot on the corals as well. So, I'm thinking of returning it to LFS and getting another specimen to see if it's behaviour will be the same.
That's why I'm asking you, fellow reefers, do you have the same behaviour?

Mine dives for a mouthful of sand at least a few time a day, despite feeding the tank at least four times per day. A bit messy, yes, but she hasn't killed any corals so no worries. She's one of my favorite fish, very active and peaceful. And I love the crunching sound she makes when hunting in the sand!

Back