Anampses femininus

bradleyj

Reefkeeping Mag Staff
Have you ever had these beautiful fish for sale? I am looking for one and have no idea where to find one. (Female)
Thank you
Brad Syphus

Brad,

Thank you for your Post. We have contacted our Aquaculture Coral and Marine Life Facility and unfortunately we do not have any future plans of adding a female Blue Striped Tamarin Wrasse to our inventory. This is a very rare specimen which is unable to be collected at this time.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Michelle L.
Live Aquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

No iconvenience at all. Thank you for your reply. I'll just have to keep searching.
Do you happen to know why they cannot collect them?
Is it because they are so rare? Or just hard to find?

Brad,

Thank you for your question. We would be happy to look into this for you and contact you with this information tomorrow, when our Aquaculture Coral and Marine Life Facility is open.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Sandy C.
Live Aquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

Bradleyj,

Thank you for your patience while we obtained this information for you. The Blue Striped Tamarin Wrasse is a deep water species collected from northern east Australia, New Caledonia and Vanuatu. There are many risks when diving for this fish making them less abundant in the aquarium trade. However, we have had this fish available in the past and hope to again.
Unfortunately, we have no time frame as to when this may be and recommend signing up for our Diver’s Den email alert. This will notify you daily when new items are added. If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Chris C.
Live Aquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

Thank you for taking the time to find this out for me. I'm already on your email alert list so I'll keep watching for them.

Back