Anemone id

TheDouda

Hi my buddy went overseas and gave me his anemone can I get a id

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 0
Well it's day two no he was hiding in a rock but has really opened up now I believe it's looking ok lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 0
Looks like it is probably a really blurry BTA with a nice purple base. BTAs tend to lose a lot of their color when they expand. Well, they don't really lose their color, it just gets spread out so it is not as intense.

Nice ty that's what I was figuring he's been spreed out all day he picked a spot right in front of the powerhead his mouth is open a bit but hopefully a couple more days it will close

It could be a Magnifica or BTA. Take a better picture of the mouth. This will help differentiate between the two.

Ok will do but it might not matter last night he somehow popped the cover of my canister filters intake and got sucked in I found at at six this morning I took him out he is still very sticky but idk if he will survive that kind of trama I will post pictures at lunch

I've now marine epoxied the cover on the intake I feel horrible but I guess he was just suicidal lol

My buddy had two with the purple base. He climbed back up to the same rock again by the time I got home and most of the tips bubbled up besides a couple that looked like they where hurt from the filter. Also does anyone know if anemones can kill aptasias I believe there in the same family but my buddy also gave me a couple of pieces of his live rock and on the one that the bta keeps going on was an aptasia and after the bta pretty much sat on it then moved it was just a brown string no more aptasia lol

Ok I'll see how he looks in the next two days he's moved to the middle of the tank now also my clown has started to host him too last night

Just an update he is still looking pretty much the same color also still moving around I think I'm going to try to give him a piece of food today and see what happens

2bcb3469e55cdca0767eda2b5a5ffa20.jpg

Well my buddy is looking good so far he has been eating everyday and looking awesome he is a little mad in this pic because I had to move his rock to treat a aptasia
One question about a couple hours after he eats he will go limp and shoot out a bunch of whitish brown stuff do there digestive tracks work that fast ?

don't feed daily. At most 2 times a week or every 3rd days, small amount. Pencil eraser size. Anemone are mostly water. Their biomass is not much at all.

Ok ty is there any specialty food I should give I make my own food with a vast mixture of fresh seafood, seaweed, and galic

Back