Announcing the 2013 RARE spring frag swap!

ros_sco

Premium Member
2013 RARE Spring Frag Swap

Date :Saturday, April 13 2013
Time: Check In Starts at 10:00 am, Swap at 12:00 pm
Location: St. James Church, 2500 Shasta View Drive. (Exit #4 off Highway 44 East, turn right, it is the first church on the right.
Cost: $15 pre-register, $20 at the door.

Purpose: To share corals to help sustain and expand the hobby we all love. All proceeds will benefit the youth group of St James, Youth Caring for Youth, and their mission trip to Uganda.

Participation guidelines are pretty much the same format at other regional club swaps.

To participate:

In order to be eligible for the swap, each swapper needs to bring 3 different acceptable coral frags. Recommended guidelines for frag sizes are: SPS - 1 inch or more, LPS - 2 eyes or heads/polyps, Zoanthids - 5 polyps.
Corals not eligible for entry include: Kenya Tree, Xenia, Clove Polyps, Blue or any other Snowflake polyps, Green Star Polyps, Anthelia, and brown Zoanthids. These corals may still be brought to the swap to give away at the "freebie" table.

Bonus rounds:

There will be 2 bonus rounds, which will be the first two rounds to swap. To receive tickets for the bonus rounds, the swapper will need to submit 3 bonus round eligible frags for each bonus round. (These frags are instead of, not in addition to the frags required for entry) Bonus round frags can all be the same coral. The list includes more highly sought after corals either due to color, rarity (in the hobby in general and/or this area), or current market value. The bonus list will be a separate post.
If the swapper doesn't have bonus round eligible corals, they may bring 10 regular frags (with no more than 2 of the same coral) and receive a ticket for the second bonus round.

Containers:

Please use clear plastic containers as to aid in the viewing of the frags being offered. No bags will be allowed.
Please mark the container with the following information:
Identity of the coral
Swapper's name or online "handle"
Lighting used
Flow requirements for the coral

Swapping:

Registration will open at 10:00 and continue until 12:00 noon. Arriving early will ensure swapping will start shortly after noon. Late (after noon) arrivals will automatically be placed in the latest picking round.

During check in, each participant will be issued a name tag with their round number on it. No one will be allowed to the swap picking area without their name tag.

Picking order:

Those that qualify for the bonus round will receive a ticket for each qualifying 3 bonus round frags, or 10 regular frags during check-in.

There will be 2 Bonus Rounds. In the first round, anyone who has a first round Bonus Round ticket will have time to pick from the tables and pick one frag. Everyone must exit the picking area after the round. After the first round anyone who has a second round bonus round ticket will pick.

After the bonus rounds are over, the general swap will start. Picking order will follow the standard up and back format (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10) then back (10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1) then back (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10) and so on until all frags are picked.

No one will be allowed in the swapping area prior to the swap except swap volunteers. This keeps it fair for all, and also keeps the excitement and anticipation level high! Please do not hide or move corals from table to table to gain an unfair advantage for a later pick.

Barbeque!

Youth Caring for Youth will be preparing freshly ground barbequed hamburgers for $7.00. This will include a soda or water and fries. Hotdog meals will be available for $5.00.

Pre-registration:
The pre-registration deadline will be Wednesday April 10th at 11:59PM. Pre-registration may be made by paypal to my account, or using the "donate" function on the church website. Please feel free to PM me for the payment options or other details.

Gonna be there for sure! It's about time we had one this far up in true nor cal! Hopefully we get some peeps to come up and attend this! Come one come all!

Looking forward to seeing you guys! Always good times hanging out with fellow reefers from out of the area!

Yes there is....hold one minute and I'll find it!

The pre-registration deadline will be Wednesday April 10th at 11:59PM. Pre-registration may be made by paypal to my account, or using the "donate" function on the church website. Please feel free to PM me for the payment options or other details.

Pm Ros-co and set up a Paypal payment.

We are starting to get some raffle prizes collected! So far there is:

a Portal
a bucket of SeaChem reef salt
a nice mini colony of CITR Red Dragon

Also, I will be putting together a special SPS acro 5 frag pack! It will contain at least 1 inch frags of old school LE and named acros including: Upscales Microclados, Pink Jade, Pink Lemonade, Strawberry Lemonade, and ATL Raspberry Lemonade Nasuta. The frags in the pack will only be available in the frag pack, and won't be entered in the swap!

And there is more in the works!

The actual mini colony of Red Dragon

reddragonminiLarge_zps482ff7ef.jpg

Mother colony closeups of the frag pack acros

Upscales Microclados
UpscalesMicrocladostopdown13Large_zps27d8af8d.jpg

Pink Jade
pinkjade13Large_zps3818621c.jpg

Pink Lemonade
PinkLemonadeTopdown13Large_zps10b99c46.jpg

Strawberry Lemonade
StrawberryLemonadeTopdown2-24-13Large_zps9633e052.jpg

ATL Raspberry Lemonade Nasuta
ATLRaspberryLemonadeNasutaTopdown13Large_zps717aae79.jpg

Last edited:
Need any frags andy corals

Need any frags andy corals

Hello all, I have had my 55 gallon saltwater tank up for about a year now...I have a lot of mushrooms and small zoos, but looking to see if anyone has anything that they would be willing to sell or give me to get my tank take off. Willing to drive anywhere to pick up.

Please help want to get my tank dialed in. I am using one metal halide 25k please email me with anything. thank you zach@californiastriping.com

Haven't heard anything from other chico'ians but me and the fiance will be there coming strong with it. Decided to help fill the tables for folks so we should be rolling in 26 corals deep. And ill try to not make them all small cups.....Scoly...rofl :)

Back