Another Canadian Reef! 600 gallon Penninsula!

Wow, impressive build so far. Like the ramp idea in the sump. I'm skeptical that it will work but hope it does! I hate the maintenance on my filter socks! This is going to be one nice tank...following along!

John came back yesterday and cleaned up the silicone and added the eurobrace. A couple pieces of glass and the overflow have to be cut shorter, so John will be returning on Tuesday to finish up.

Here are some pics that Lukas took of the first day of the build. They may not be in order:

2011-10-04094640.jpg

2011-10-04105705.jpg

2011-10-04105809.jpg

2011-10-04112514.jpg

2011-10-04112525.jpg

2011-10-04112540.jpg

2011-10-04112549.jpg

2011-10-04112643.jpg

2011-10-04113052.jpg

2011-10-04113354.jpg

Last edited:
wow cougerman, its going to be great. i cant wait to see the rock scape. i have a gorgous vlamyngy tank for you if your interested, iv had her since it was the size of a toonie. are you going to do some wood work around the stand.

hey coug. i cam accross a sheet of 1/8 plexy that would be a great spash gard to protect the ducting, its 4x8 and yours if you like. just pm me, i could drop it off for you.

Congrats Cougarman, thought I recognized your builder while skimming your pics... John is a good guy and did a great job on my Starfire tank - didn't realize he did onsite builds too :beer:

wow cougerman, its going to be great. i cant wait to see the rock scape. i have a gorgous vlamyngy tank for you if your interested, iv had her since it was the size of a toonie. are you going to do some wood work around the stand.

Ah man don't tempt me with a vlamingis. I just sold/traded all my big unicorns before I moved. I may take you up on that offer.

Yes there will be custom cabinetry around the stand and future canopy.

hey coug. i cam accross a sheet of 1/8 plexy that would be a great spash gard to protect the ducting, its 4x8 and yours if you like. just pm me, i could drop it off for you.

Let me think about it. I have something else in mind for that spot, that will double as a splash guard.

Congrats Cougarman, thought I recognized your builder while skimming your pics... John is a good guy and did a great job on my Starfire tank - didn't realize he did onsite builds too :beer:

I think John's wishing he built it in his shop and shipped it to me. The traffics been bad both times he's come out, and now he has to come back again b/c a couple pieces of eurobracing weren't cut to accuracy.

That Sump room set up is awesome...Nuff said..lol

Thanks jayg4u. I'll take some better photos when I get a chance. Wife's got me doing all kinds of other things around the house.

That's a heck of a holding setup lol. Nicer than my display

Thanks rucmd.

Jared,

The Duss looks great in even these conditions (moving, small tank, moving ...). Glad to see him again :)

Looking forward to the progression ... good to have the life support systems getting up to speed.

We will wait for your posts :fish1:

Cheers,
Bruce

The fish did fairly well in the garage holding tanks. The adult Dussumieris tang and Blochii are fine. I did lose my Mustard tang and a couple anthias jumped. The Mustard was never quite right to begin with anyway. My main concern was my giant gigas clam. It seems to be doing fine so far.

Really like your sump, hope you can make a review of the detritus trap which I would love to implement on a new sump I'm planning.

Overall, the whole setup is looking great, congrats.

Thanks jspsika08. I'll post how well the detritus trap works. We have to wait a few weeks to see.

Today John finished the the eurobracing and added the acrylic overflow. The tank is now finished. We will let it dry for a few days then continue with the canopy framework and plumbing. I may also work on the rock work. Here are some picks of the finished tank.

finish8.jpg

finish.jpg

finish9.jpg

finish7.jpg

finish6.jpg

finish4.jpg

Back