Another wavebox ?

JAANDGC

I just installed my wavebox last week, and while I get a 1" rise and fall (water level) at the ends of the tank. The amount of movement in the tank is no were near what I thought it would be. In the videos I've seen, you could see the fish riding the wave and the corals rocking back and forth. In my tank, unless the fish go right in front of the out put it looks like they are sitting still, and only my millies have any visuall movement (back & forth). I just read a post about the out put being pointed upward, which mine is not, but are there any other factors I can look at. The tank is 8 feet long (240 gal.) does thie play into this. Should I try and remove some rock? Any help is welcome.
Jerry

Are you sure it is tuned correctly, you should have a single wave, crest on one side trough on the other. Are the screws in the back installed? Is the vibration dampening sponge installed so it isn't covering the screen?

Well I have tried from one end of the dial to the other, were it is set at now is the only place I get any rise/fall at the ends. I can see the water move from one side of the tank to the other, no real crest though, its more like a 12" surge. The set screws are in the back two holes and the dampening sponge is on the back side of the motor (not on the screen)

One more ?. I have 2 wavyseas pushing 3000 gph in a 360 deg. pattern 3' in from both sides, 2 6100's 1 on either side in front of the tank blowing toward the center of the reef, and 2 seio 1500's 1 on either side blowing behind the reef. (have all bases covered) Do you think all the other pumps are voiding out the effects of the wavbox?

I would say you are cancelling out the wavebox and not letting it get to full potential.
Try turning them off for a spell to see if it works better.

Back