anthia owners....

TOURKID

My anthias.. well 2 in particular are rubbing on theyre fake rock in the qt. Generally I would take this as a sign of ick.

I MIGHT see some dots on 1 fin of the smallest one, but havent got a conclusion yet.

I wanted to ask you guys if this is an anthia trait or if i probley have parasites.

thanks!
Maggie

I'd say you likely have a parasite of some sort. Crank up the garlic.

You need those neon gobies. :D

cupramine and salifert copper test all the way.theyve been getting garlic the whole time. and they started rubbing more since yesterday. Im at 1/2 dose of cupramine, like to make sure theres no ill effects

my dream is to one day get a fish that doesent need any treatment :(

norm, do you know of anywhere local that has a neon goby in good health?

so far, mine are dot-free, and they are all swimming together. when they get scared and especially at night, they find the smallest cranny in the rock and huddle there. i'll try to get a pic tonight but they are pretty sensitive to the flash light.

here they were a few minutes ago...

89078IMG_0824__Custom_.JPG

jdicerson.. mine are like swimming towards a rock and rubbing agianst it, theyre sides mostly. you can tell they arent looking to hide or somthing, they are scratching. (exactly how you see a sick hippo tang do it at a fish store over and over) whitch is what it brings to my mind when i see the anthias doing it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9272745#post9272745 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jdircksen
norm, do you know of anywhere local that has a neon goby in good health?

No I don't, sorry. I've been told that very few are collected in the Carribean this time of year. Not sure if this is true or not.

This may or may not be of interest to you since you guys are pretty far away but on my last trip to Salty Critter Dan had a whole tank full of neon gobies. I have seen tham at Petco a few weeks ago also. (I know, I know don't yell at me.... LOL)

HTH
-- Kevin

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9272903#post9272903 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TOURKID
jdicerson.. mine are like swimming towards a rock and rubbing agianst it, theyre sides mostly. you can tell they arent looking to hide or somthing, they are scratching. (exactly how you see a sick hippo tang do it at a fish store over and over) whitch is what it brings to my mind when i see the anthias doing it.

hmm. i don't think mine are doing that. i just did a water change which seemed to freak them out. they are in the rock work, but they aren't rubbing. its more of a pearched position like a flame hawk does.

i've very interested in the different temperaments we are getting out of the same group of fish. it makes me wonder how water parameters, lighting, feeding, surrounds help/hinder the acclimation process. i'll keep my eyes peeled for white spots.

horrible pics, but you get the idea...

89078IMG_0830__Small_.JPG

89078IMG_0832__Small_.JPG

oh im sure mine will act different in a reef enviorment. but they are out all the time they dont hide in theyre cave even when starteled. they see theyre reflection in the glass and swim up n down with it, its pretty funny lol

Back