Any advice?

awestruck

Currently I purchased perculas with the hope that they will pair up. It's looking promising so far, but still not sure. Anyway, I recently purchased a purple LTA for them but the new nem is way too small for one clown let alone two (the new nem is about the size of a 50 cent piece. So, would it be goofy to try and find another, much larger purple nem (and just let the baby grow)? BTW, the new baby will not bury in the sand. It is "kinda" attaching to a small rock but won't bury--it's been 5 days now and I'm getting worried.

hey-you stole my avatar photo!!! The clowns should be fine without a host but buying anything to host them is only a good idea wether it is an anemone or not. mine are currently using a xenia forest and a green open brain coral to play in.

I would take the anemone away from the clowns until it gets bigger, as they may beat it to death. You may try to get another larger anemone of the same species to divert the clowns away form the baby...

Thanx EJ--well, as to date the clowns have not gone by the baby even one time (thank goodness). As much as I hate to spend more money, I think I should try to find a larger purple LTA. Also, will the baby be ok if I do add a larger one of the same species? TIA

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10487507#post10487507 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by awestruck
Thanx EJ--well, as to date the clowns have not gone by the baby even one time (thank goodness). As much as I hate to spend more money, I think I should try to find a larger purple LTA. Also, will the baby be ok if I do add a larger one of the same species? TIA

I don't know, but if the clowns notice the anemone you could probably protect it with an overturned strawberry basket....

I have four LTAs in the same tank... they all get along just fine and none of them are burried in the sand... all four prefer the rocks.

So I wouldn't worry just yet about your baby liking the rock.

I have to wonder if there are two types of LTAs... ones that prefer the sand and ones that prefer rocks...

Thanks everyone. I was greatly disappointed when the baby nem arrived (UPS) because of its size; however, it seems healthy so I'm going to pamper it and hope for the best. This morning it took a piece of mysis shrimp so that's a great sign! I guess I need to try to find another, larger purple LTA. If anyone sees one for sale anywhere and you've got a few extra minutes, would you mind pm'ing me? I'd like to get one asap but darn they're sometimes difficult to find.

Back