Any in-wall reefers in C-bus

Toledofishguy

I moved to C-bus 9 months ago, and after long delay I may be finally moving into a house in April (long story). I want to move the contents of my 75 gallon reef into a 120. I want to do an in-wall tank. Are there any in-wall reefers here in Columbus that can offer there suggestions and insight as the time approaches? I have the tank and parts and stand in-storage.

Is this time consuming, what are the obstacles? Or is it as easy as measuring, cutting the hole and running the plumbing? Lets assume I do not have to construct the wall first.

Get the blue prints of your house if you can! I originally planned on taking out a section of a wall and I was going to put my tank there. I was all ready to go at it, grabbed my sledge hammer and started to tear out the wall. Well, surprise, surprise. There was two ducts running through that wall. The cost and effort to reroute the ducts was way more than I was willing to do. So, not only did I have a huge hole in the wall, but I also had no place for a tank. So, I had to do some floor re-enforcement, and now the tank stands in the family room. :)

send cward or tsiler a pm their tanks are in wall.
From what I know as long as the wall isn't load bearing you just need to cut the hole in the right place put in a header and some moulding to frame it in. and you should be good to go.

Check out the large tank forum here on RC, there's usually multiple threads about in-wall tanks.

Some VERY impressive ones.

MY 75 is in the wall. Paint and seal with the best paint you can buy so you don't have to worry about it later like me. Also, my pump room is only a 4 x 12 room with a bathroom power vent in it. Lots of heat issues. I have a air vent going into the room, fans, door open etc. but never the less, I cannot get my tank below 82. If I had to do it over, I would do it again in a heart beat but with a through the wall air exchanger. As far as a load bearing wall, thats not an issue either as long as the proper header is in place. If so, have a local contractor with an engineer decide what size header to install. We just had the plans for the house built around the tank so we didn't have those issues, but mine in in a load bearing wall.

Back