Anybody good at soldering?

LQT

Hi Guys,

Anybody here decent at soldering? I have one blown diode on one of my LED arrays and Dave of Nanobox was kind enough to send me 2 brand new arrays as replacement. Unfortunately. I have never soldered anything in my life and don't want to screw it up.

Here is how it's mounted in my hood.

These are the 2 replacement arrays that need to soldered in to replace the 2 current arrays.

If anyone can lend me a hand or at least guide me through the process, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks Guys!

- Leon

I can solder most circuit boards with no problems. Will you be using a cold solder gun or the traditional way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno, what would you suggest to make the job easier? I haven't actually purchased an iron yet. My dad has an old iron I could use but if there's an easier way, I'm all ears!

Either way is just as easy... With the cold iron you don't need quite as many parts as with a hot iron but the hot iron is more versatile

I have the iron and stuff if you need help... How have you made out so far?

Thanks for the follow-up Mason. I'm visiting ReefWreak in Astoria next week to check out his SPS biocube set up and he's gonna show me the ropes and help me with the soldering. I appreciate your advice and willingness to lend a hand. I'll let you know how it goes.

Soldering went well. Everything fired right up with no issues. I appreciate everyone's advice and thank ReefWreak for lending a hand.

Back